Here is a loaded keto smoothie bursting with lime flavor and loaded with good-for-you ingredients! This is a low carb smoothie that will leave you satisfied for hours!
When we do smoothies in this house, they are almost always full-meal deals.
With my oober picky son…smoothies provide a valuable way to get some much needed variety into his diet.
This keto lime smoothie is meant to be a full meal!!
However, it is easy for smoothies to be loaded with sugars if all you use is fruits.
So I loaded THIS low carb lime smoothie with healthy fats, nutrients, and protein…this key lime pie smoothie should stick with you for hours without spiking your blood sugars to crazy levels!
I simply adore citrus…and this time of year there are some beautiful citrus fruits to be had. As a result, I have been making loads of citrus smoothies this winter!
This one is creamy and dreamy….always a good combo in my book!
Nutritious additions for this keto smoothie:
A smoothie becomes healthy when you minimize the glycemic load, and balance it all out with healthy fats along with a serving of protein. Here are some of the things I use to really up the ante:
- I use my own homemade coconut butter in this recipe, however it can also be purchased at well-stocked grocery stores and online. It adds healthy fats!
- Avocado is a great source of fiber and healthy fats, and lends a creamy texture to smoothies.
- Collagen is a great source of tasteless protein. Add it in wherever you can…it’s great for joints, hair, nails, and gut health! My favorite brand is Perfect Supplements. My readers get an additional 10% off any order with code tessa10.
This Paleo key lime pie smoothie is sure to be a hit, try it today!
Looking for a paleo lime smoothie variation?
Make this smoothie paleo by subbing the low carb sweetener out for a banana or some honey!
Want some more nutrition loaded paleo smoothies?
- My Paleo Mango Lime Kombucha smoothie was a random inspiration one day, and it is a tropical paradise!
- This Lemon Cheesecake Smoothie is bursting with bright lemon flavor and nutrition!
- My kids love my chocolate Raspberry Creme Smoothie!
- Chocolate Avocado Smoothie is a healthy way to start your day!
Keto Lime Smoothie Recipe:
If you try this luscious lime smoothie, let me know what you think in the comments below!
Paleo Key Lime Pie Smoothie
- 2 cups coconut milk I used Trader Joe's Coconut Milk, unsweetened. You can add some of my favorite canned milk variety for extra healthy fats too!
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts OR raw cashews (more carbs), soaked if you do not have a high power blender to pulverize
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 2 handfuls spinach or any greens. I also sometimes add a handful of raw cauliflower. Can't taste it, promise!!
- 1 tablespoon erythritol or any favorite low carb sweetener to taste, or honey, or a banana (last 2 NOT keto)
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter I use my homemade,
- 2 tablespoons collagen this is the brand I use, use tessa10 for 10% any order
- Splash vanilla extract optional
- Zest of one lime
Place all ingredients into a blender and whir until smooth and creamy.