We love smoothies in in our house. What better way to get lots of servings of fruits and veggies in one, and very tasty fell-swoop?!
I find the key to an actually HEALTHY smoothie is to not add LOADS of fruit servings into a single glass. Since we wouldn’t likely eat 4 servings of fruit in a sitting…they shouldn’t be blended into a single meal either.
Another healthy smoothie saboteur? Using juice as your liquid. While an occasional glass of no sugar added juice can be a fun treat, it shouldn’t be a daily thing. It increases the glycemic load greatly.
Turn Your Smoothies Into An Easy, Healthy Popsicle!
My kids often think our healthy and easy smoothies are an ice cream shake When we have leftovers, I fill a few popsicle molds to have on hand for warm weather days!! These fudgesicles are one of our all time favorites!
They beg me for ‘popsicles’ now! Mom win! You could always try my no bake chocolate raspberry cheesecake bars too. it’s loaded with healthy ingredients and is a snap to make as well!
Now if only I could figure out a way to have these ready to go when school pulls out the food-dye, sugar laden popsicles that send my child’s ADD rocketing through the roof! Sigh! (I think maybe a ‘Grr” would be a better descriptor!)
Want Some More Healthy & Easy Smoothie Recipes to Try?
- Paleo Blueberry Smoothie @ Texeranin Baking
- Keto Chocolate Shake
- Paleo | Keto Lemon Cheesecake Smoothie
- Paleo Cherry Chocolate Smoothie @ The Primal Desire
Healthy Raspberry Smoothie Recipe:
If you make this make this raspberry smoothie recipe, be sure to come back to leave a comment and a review!
Creamy Paleo Raspberry Avocado Smoothie
- 1 cup milk non dairy great too!
- 1/2 small Haas avocado
- 6 ounces raspberries we like to do half raspberry and half strawberry
- 10 drops liquid stevia OR 2 soaked dates OR 4 tablespoons date paste (softened dates pureed w/ water) OR honey, OR favorite low-carb sweetener
- 3 ounces frozen cauliflower or a handful of dark greens
- 1 scoop collagen (use code tessa10 for 10% off!)
Add ingredients into blender in order and blend well until smooth.
Taste and decide if you'd like to add more sweetener of choice.
nutrition information includes a scoop of collagen and almond milk
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!