This was a spontaneous throw together last minute side dish. I had two heads of cauliflower to use, so it was a logical choice.
Problem was, cauliflower preparations I have enjoyed took a bit longer to prepare and bake, and I needed something in the next 15 minutes.
Toss a vegetable with a few basic ingredients, roast it to bring out that luscious sweetness, and voila…a mouthwatering, easy side dish! The lemon really set this off for me…and if I could have Parmesan, I can bet a couple of tablespoons sprinkled on top would be out of this world.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite size florets
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (I bet the addition of lemon zest would be great to
- 4-8 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced (depending on how garlicky you like it, the garlic will be roasted too, so not too pungent)
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Toss the cauliflower florets with the remaining ingredients.
- Place on a cookie sheet or roasting pan and place in the oven. Roast for about 10-15 minutes until the florets are fork tender and beginning to brown! This is good hot or cold!
This recipe was shared on These Chicks Cooked, Frugal Days Sustainable Ways, Cast Party, Full Plate Thursday, Thriving on Thursdays, Pennywise Platter, Wellness Weekends, Fight Back Friday, Fresh Bites Friday, Freaky Friday, Sugar Free Sunday, Monday Mania, Melt In Your Mouth Monday, Mix It Up Monday, Creative Corner, Things That Make You Say MMM, Ruth’s Real Food, The Better Mom’s Linky, My Meatless Monday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Fat Tuesday, Traditional Tuesdays, Hearth & Soul, What’s Cooking Wednesday, Whole Foods Wednesday, Gluten Free Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!