Quick to make and throw in the oven, this oven roasted cauliflower is addicting and delicious! Roasting turn vegetables sweet and magical!
I just about died and went to heaven. For a vegetable. Me?!
This was a spontaneous throw together last minute side dish. I had two heads of cauliflower to use, so it was a logical choice.
Problem was, cauliflower preparations I have enjoyed took a bit longer to prepare and bake, and I needed something in the next 15 minutes.
Toss a vegetable with a few basic ingredients, roast it to bring out that luscious sweetness, and voila…a mouthwatering, easy side dish (similar to my roasted butternut squash!)
Roasted cauliflower success tips:
- Whenever you roast vegetables, it is super important that the vegetables are in a single layer without crowding each other on the pan! To achieve crispy textures, they need room so they do not STEAM instead!
- The florets need to be uniformly sized. Smaller florets = quicker cook times!
- Give the pan a shake half way through and rotate the pan 180 degrees!
- Definitely wait for the florets to have some golden brown and crispy edges…don’t remove from the oven too soon!
There is always fun ways to play with basic recipes like this. Here are few options you can play with!
- Mexican: Toss with your favorite taco seasoning, then at the very end, toss with lime juice and some cotija crumbles.
- Italian: toss with your favorite Italian seasonings, parmesan, and red chili flakes.
- Cajun: Using either your favorite Cajun seasoning, or a mix of smoked paprika, garlic powder, and sea salt.
- Indian: I love to use garlic, turmeric, sea salt, and fresh ginger. Sliced chilies also good, and fresh curry leaves too. Could also use a favorite curry seasoning instead.
Additional healthy sides:
- My sautéed broccoli is ready in 5!
- Roasted squash slices are a fall treat!
- With some effort, you can create an out of this world gluten free green bean casserole!
- Ghee roasted brussel spouts: because roasting makes everything magical!
- Loaded cauliflower mash is right up my alley!
Roasted Cauliflower Recipe:
If you try this easy keto side dish, be sure to leave a comment below!
Quick Oven Roasted Cauliflower w/ Lemon & Garlic
Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
Toss the cauliflower florets with the remaining ingredients.
Place on a cookie sheet or roasting pan and place in the oven. Roast for about 10-15 minutes until the florets are fork tender and beginning to brown! This is good hot or cold!