I have been wanting to create a dairy free hot artichoke dip that I could have too. After all, I love hot dips as much as the next person!
All of my old favorites were of course laden with dairy of all varieties (one with goat cheese was my favorite!).
Here is a hot, creamy dip free of dairy and destined to please a crowd.
I have made this for multiple gatherings and everyone always raves. I think part of the success of this dip is my homemade mayo. It is far superior to any store bought and takes under 5 minutes to prepare…in the same food processor bowl you’ll use for making the dip anyways (I am working on an egg free version too!)!
Here a couple more dairy free appetizers for you!
- 2 14 ounce cans artichokes heart (or hearts of palm) NOT the marinated ones! Frozen artichoke hearts that have been thawed would work too!
- 1 generous clove mince garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons very finely minced onion
- ¾ cup preferred mayonnaise (Using myquick homemade mayo is what sets this dip over the top!! A low quality mayo will not yield the same amazing results.)
- ¼ cup allowed plain yogurt (I use So Delicious Plain Greek Yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the drained artichokes until diced.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and pulse until combined.
- Spoon into an 8 x 8 pan (the size is not overly important...you will cook until bubbly and warm regardless)
- Sprinkle top with the sliced almonds.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!