I have been wanting to create a hot artichoke dip I could have. All of my old favorites were of course laden with dairy of all varieties (one with goat cheese was my favorite!). Here is a hot, creamy dip free of dairy and destined to please a crowd.
I have made this for multiple gatherings and everyone always raves. I think part of the success of this dip is my homemade mayo. It is far superior to any store bought and takes under 5 minutes to prepare…in the same food processor bowl you’ll use for making the dip anyways (I am working on an egg free version too!)!
I adapted this recipe from Karina over at Gluten Free Goddess, my original go-to!
- 2 14 ounce cans artichokes heart (or hearts of palm) NOT the marinated ones! Frozen artichoke hearts that have been thawed would work too!
- 1 generous clove mince garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons very finely minced onion
- ¾ cup preferred mayonnaise (Using myquick homemade mayo is what sets this dip over the top!! A low quality mayo will not yield the same amazing results.)
- ¼ cup allowed plain yogurt (I use So Delicious Plain Greek Yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of food processor, pulse the drained artichokes until diced.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and pulse until combined.
- Spoon into an 8 x 8 pan (the size is not overly important...you will cook until bubbly and warm regardless)
- Sprinkle top with the sliced almonds.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes until hot and bubbly.
This recipe was shared with Mostly Homemade Mondays, Meatless Monday, Fat Tuesday, Totally Talented Tuesdays, Hearth & SOul, GF Wednesday, Waste Not Want Not, Real Food Wednesday, Pennywise Platter, GF Fridays, Let’s Get Real Fridays, Natural Family Fridays, Savouring Saturdays, Gluten Free Holiday Fix,