I have been wanting to create a hot artichoke dip I could have. All of my old favorites were of course laden with dairy of all varieties (one with goat cheese was my favorite!). Here is a hot, creamy dip free of dairy and destined to please a crowd.
I have made this for multiple gatherings and everyone always raves. I think part of the success of this dip is my homemade mayo. It is far superior to any store bought and takes under 5 minutes to prepare…in the same food processor bowl you’ll use for making the dip anyways (I am working on an egg free version too!)!
I adapted this recipe from Karina over at Gluten Free Goddess, my original go-to!
- 2 14 ounce cans artichokes heart (or hearts of palm) NOT the marinated ones! Frozen artichoke hearts that have been thawed would work too!
- 1 generous clove mince garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons very finely minced onion
- ¾ cup preferred mayonnaise ( I prefer homemade)
- ¼ cup allowed plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of food processor, pulse the drained artichokes until diced.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and pulse until combined.
- Spoon into an 8 x 8 pan (the size is not overly important…you will cook until bubbly and warm regardless)
- Sprinkle top with the sliced almonds.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes until hot and bubbly.
This post was shared at Seasonal Celebration Sunday, Sugar Free Sunday, Monday Mania, Made From Scratch Monday, My Meatless Monday, Make Your Own Monday, GF Monday, Natural Living Monday, Tasty Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Traditional Tuesday, Hearth & Soul, GF Wednesday, Frugal Days Sustainable Ways, Show Me Your Plaid, Whole Foods Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Kids in the Kitchen, Healthy 2Day Wednesdays, 12 Days of Christmas Goodies, Thank Your Body Thursday, Tasty Traditions Thursday, Keep It Real Thursday,Pennywise Platter, Wellness Weekend, Fresh Bites Friday, Freaky Friday, GF Friday, Fight Back Friday, Healthy Vegan Friday, Whole Foods Friday, Simple Meals Friday, GAPS Friendly Friday, Wheat-Free Wednesday,