A Whole30, keto, and paleo hot dairy free artichoke dip for your next party! You would think a ton of dairy would be needed to make this creamy goodness, but think again!
I have been wanting to create a dairy free hot artichoke dip that I could have too. After all, I love hot dips as much as the next person!
All of my old favorites were of course laden with dairy of all varieties (one with goat cheese was my favorite, because really…it’s goat cheese!!).
Here is a hot, creamy dip free of dairy and destined to please a crowd.
I have made this for multiple gatherings and everyone always raves.
Hot artichoke dip ingredient notes:
- The success in this dip, in my opinion, is the taste and quality of the mayonnaise you use! While store bought variegates are available now (Chosen food avocado mayo for example), we LOVE and prefer my homemade mayo. It is far superior to any store bought and takes under 5 minutes to prepare…in the same food processor bowl you’ll use for making the dip anyways (I am working on an egg free version too!)!
- Vegan Mayonnaise (I would use light olive oil and unsweetened non-dairy milk) is an option if you need your may to be egg free too!
- Or this nut based one is also egg free.@ Elana’s Pantry
Can I make a dairy free spinach artichoke dip?
Of course! If you’d like to thrown in some chopped fresh spinach OR some frozen and drained (squeezed dry) chopped spinach…go for it!
Here a couple more dairy free appetizers for you!
- Smoky Israeli Eggplant Dip
- Dairy Free Real Food Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Dip @What Great Grandma Ate
- Paleo Spinach Dip @40 Aprons
Dairy Free Artichoke Dip Recipe:
If you try this hot and creamy dip, be sure to report back and leave a comment below!
Creamy Hot Artichoke Dip - Dairy Free & Paleo
- 2 14 oz cans artichoke hearts or hearts of palm NOT the marinated ones! Frozen artichoke hearts that have been thawed would work too!
- 1 clove minced garlic use a large clove!
- 2 tablespoons very finely minced onion
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise Using my quick homemade mayo is what sets this dip over the top!! A low quality mayo will not yield the same amazing results.
- 1/4 cup plain dairy free yogurt I use So Delicious Plain Greek Yogurt orginally, and love Forager Cashew Milk Yogurt too
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the drained artichokes until diced.
Add in the remaining ingredients and pulse until combined.
Spoon into an 8 x 8 pan (the size is not overly important...you will cook until bubbly and warm regardless)
Sprinkle top with the sliced almonds.
Bake for about 30-40 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!