Like many of you out there..I am CRAVING greens right now!!
After the deluge of the holidays, I am content to avoid sugar and overeating for a very long time (I’d like to say forever..but then I probably wouldn’t be being realistic with myself!)!!
I stumbled upon this recipe at The Willing Cook, one of my blogging comrades. I was eager to give this recipe a go, and I was NOT disappointed!
I was never much of a cabbage person growing up, but have since learned to love it. It’s nutritious, cheap, and adds great crunch to so many things. I love how this salad will keep it’s crunch even with the dressing on it….makes it easy to eat this for a lunch the next day! I can also see how this will be a perfect picnic salad come summer too!
So grab the groceries, and put this on the list…a must try recipe!!
Crunchy Paleo Cabbage Salad
- 1 pound cabbage shredded or finely sliced
- 1/2 pound bacon I prefer Trader Joe's Applewood Smoked
- 2 green onions finely chopped (white and green parts)
- 1/2 cucumber diced
- 1/4 cups toasted slivered almonds (350 degree oven for 3-7 minutes until golden)
- 1/4 cups sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Optional: dried cranberries or diced apple
- Balsamic Dressing Makes about 1 cup:
- 1/4 cups balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/8 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon herbs of choice oregano, basil, thyme, tarragon
- 1/2 cups olive oil extra-virgin
Finely slice or shred your cabbage, toss into a salad bowl along with the other salad ingredients.
Make your dressing. Taste and adjust seasoning to your preference.
Toss the salad with the dressing, to taste. Start with less, you can always add more!
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!