Like many of you out there…I am CRAVING greens right now!!
After the deluge of the holidays, I am content to avoid sugar and overeating for a very long time (I’d like to say forever…but then I probably wouldn’t be being realistic with myself!)!!
I was never much of a cabbage person growing up, but have since learned to love it. It’s nutritious, cheap, and adds great crunch to so many things. Try my spicy slaw in my paleo fish tacos, or my Cajun slaw.
I love how this salad will keep it’s crunch even with the dressing on it….makes it easy to eat this for a lunch the next day! I can also see how this will be a perfect picnic salad come summer too!
So grab the groceries, and put this on the list…a must try recipe!!
Additional healthy slaws and salads to try:
- When my addicting easy Kalua pork is on the menu, you will always see it served with my homemade paleo coleslaw!
- Try this cranberry vinaigrette for a unique twist!
- This mango vinaigrette combines the sweet and savory flavors for a lovely dressing!
- This winter slaw looks special!
Crunchy Cabbage Salad Recipe:
If you try this yummy slaw recipe, be sure to come back and leave a comment!
Crunchy Paleo Cabbage Salad
- 1 pound cabbage shredded or finely sliced. Or two bags mixed slaw.
- 1/2 pound bacon Cooked and chopped. I prefer Trader Joe's Black Forest, nitrate free
- 4 stalks green onions finely chopped (white and green parts)
- 1/2 medium seedless cucumber diced. I love the Persian cucumbers from Trader Joes
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds toasted. (350 degree oven for 3-7 minutes until golden)
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Optional Salad Additions:
- dried cranberries or diced apple
Finely slice or shred your cabbage, toss into a salad bowl along with the other salad ingredients.
Make your dressing. I like to whir it all in my Twister jar in my blender. Alternately, shake it all up in a mason jar. Taste and adjust seasonings to your preference.
Toss the salad with the dressing, to taste. Start with less, you can always add more! You will likely have leftover.
nutrition facts are if you use ALL the dressing.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!