Spring and asparagus go hand in hand.
If you are anything like me, by the time you finish prepping and cooking a main course, you’re out of steam.
But of course having no green on our plates makes me cringe inside, so I have to pull out the bag salad and some dressing: that’s all I’ve got left me some nights.
Of course, this is perfectly fine, but variety is the spice of life, and one can get a little bored by the same leafy greens and dressing with no special accouterments.
Spring is fabulous for asparagus, it’s delicious and tender, and doesn’t cost $10 a pound (maybe a bit of an exaggeration)! This takes under 10 minutes, start to finished on your plate. The beauty is in it’s simplicity.
I recommend using a grill basket for all sorts of veggie grilling!
Additional gluten free asparagus recipes
- my gluten free asparagus pasta is a delicious sheet pan meal with a surprising mix of flavors!
- Try dipping this grilled asparagus in the garlic aioli or my paleo honey mustard dressing
- Gluten free asparagus fries look fun!
- Creamy Italian asparagus looks like some cheesy goodness!
Grilled Asparagus Recipe:
If you try this simple asparagus recipe, be sure to come back and leave your feedback below!
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 tablespoons more or less olive oil
- 1 or 2 cloves minced garlic optional
- Remove the woody ends of the asparagus spears.
- Place spears into a grill basket or alternately, use some skewers if your racks are spaced too far apart. (But really, a grill basket is AWESOME, and totally worth the investment of a around $10).
- Toss with the olive oil to be sure all spears are evenly coated, and sprinkle with garlic, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Place on a preheated hot grill, lid down.
- In about 2-3 minutes, move the spears around or flip them, and in another 1-3 minutes, your spear should be crisp tender.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and possible some parmesan shreds if you can do dairy....delicious!
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!