I am admittedly ADDICTED to the spring asparagus in the stores right now!! It is too darn delicious, and I am even getting my kids to eat a stalk or two!
No joke, I have been eating an entire bunch to myself the past several days.
I was perusing a new cookbook from the library, Cooking for Isaiah, by Silvana Nardone. I always like to play with a cookbook a bit to see if it is worth adding to my collection, and this saves me lots of money by checking them out at our library first! It also helps me limit the cookbooks I have to the ones I actually use: I have one shelf in a cupboard donated for this purpose, and I won’t add anymore space…it is a good way to keep my cookbook obsession in check.
I was inspired by a recipe for asparagus with lemon dip. Lemon and asparagus = perfect marriage!!
These pictures are the next day, served chilled….so eat it how you like it, cold or warm!
Recipe tips and information for grilled asparagus and garlic aioli:
- I use this method for grilling asparagus,
- I use my own homemade mayo in this recipe, the flavor can not be beat!
- The grill time will vary depending on the thickness of the stalks, so watch carefully! No one likes mushy stalks!
- I use this grill basket on my BBQ, I love it!
- Easy Oven Asparagus
- Creamy Dijon Asparagus
- Broccoli & Asparagus Frittata
- Roasted Spring Veggies w/ Chicken Sausage
Grilled Asparagus w/ Garlic Lemon Aioli Recipe:
If you try these lemony garlic spear, be sure to come back and leave your feedback below!
Grilled Asparagus w/ Garlic Lemon Aioli
Grilled asparagus drizzled in a lemony garlic sauce - a perfect spring side dish!!! This asparagus is a snap to throw together with simple pantry ingredients!
- 1 batch grilled asparagus recipe linked above
Garlic Lemon Aioli
Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl, adjust seasonings to taste.
Drizzle or dip over your grilled asparagus/
Store leftovers in an airtight container.