I am admittedly ADDICTED to the spring asparagus in the stores right now!! It is too darn delicious, and I am even getting my kids to eat a stalk or two!
No joke, I have been eating an entire bunch to myself the past several days.
I was perusing a new cookbook from the library, Cooking for Isaiah, by Silvana Nardone. I always like to play with a cookbook a bit to see if it is worth adding to my collection, and this saves me lots of money by checking them out at our library first! It also helps me limit the cookbooks I have to the ones I actually use: I have one shelf in a cupboard donated for this purpose, and I won’t add anymore space…it is a good way to keep my cookbook obsession in check.
I was inspired by a recipe for asparagus with lemon dip. Lemon and asparagus = perfect marriage!!
These pictures are the next day, served chilled….so eat it how you like it, cold or warm!
Recipe Tips and Information for Grilled Asparagus:
- I use this method for grilling asparagus,
- I use my own homemade mayo in this recipe, the flavor can not be beat!
- The grill time will vary depending on the thickness of the stalks, so watch carefully! No one likes mushy stalks!
- I use this grill basket on my BBQ, I love it!
Love Asparagus? Here are some more ideas!
- Easy Oven Asparagus @Renee Nicole’s Kitchen
- Creamy Dijon Asparagus @ Garlic & Zest
- Broccoli & Asparagus Frittata @ A Mindful Mom
- Roasted Spring Veggies w/ Chicken Sausage
Grilled Asparagus w/ Garlic Lemon Aioli Recipe:
Grilled Asparagus w/ Garlic Lemon Aioli
- 1 batch grilled asparagus recipe linked above
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise vegan or light as you prefer, try making your own homemade, SO easy, delicious, and no weird ingredients!
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl, adjust seasonings to taste.
Drizzle or dip over your grilled asparagus/
Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!