EXTRA VEGGIES TIP:
Homemade Gluten & Dairy Free Chili Mac Recipe:
Healthy Homemade Gluten & Dairy Free Chili Mac Hamburger Helper
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound ground beef or other ground meat
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 14.5 ounce can pureed/crushed tomatoes I used diced, but pureed them w/ my immersion blender first. The puree hides the big chunks of tomatoes that my kids won't eat
- 2 cups beef broth homemade or store bought
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder you can use as much or as little as you like for your family
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free noodles I used Tinkiyada Brown Rice Elbows
- 1/2 cup shredded Daiya Cheddar Shreds
- avocado slices pickled jalapenos, hot sauce, fresh lime, shredded cabbage
Heat the oil over medium heat.
Add the onions and saute until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
Add in the ground meat and garlic, stirring to break the meat up.
When browned, add in tomato paste, canned tomatoes, beef broth, oregano, and chili powder. Stir to combine.
Stir in the noodles. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until the noodles are al dente, about 7-10 minutes. The noodles will continue to soak up liquid as it sits, so don't worry if it seems a little thin at first. Let it rest 5-10 minutes to finish absorbing the liquid!
Stir in cheddar shreds until melted. Serve!
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!