Add some extra veggies to my gluten free chili mac?
- small diced bell peppers
- chopped carrots
- tiny bite size pieces of cauliflower!
Additional gluten free ground beef recipes:
- My Healthy Hamburger Helper is a fan fav, ready in under 30!
- Perfect for any taco night: Ground Beef Taco Meat
- This looks tasty: Paleo Bacon Meatloaf , or my own keto version: paleo meatloaf.
- Quick and easy full meal deal: ground beef stir fry!
Homemade Gluten & Dairy Free Chili Mac Recipe:
If you try this real food chili mac make over, be sure to come back and leave a comment!
Homemade Chili Mac - Gluten Free
A delicious one skillet chili mac that is also gluten and dairy free! Elbow noodles are coated in a chili sauce with hamburger and cheese!
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound ground beef or other ground meat
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 14.5 ounce can pureed/crushed tomatoes I used diced, but pureed them w/ my immersion blender first. The puree hides the big chunks of tomatoes that my kids won't eat
- 2 cups beef broth homemade or store bought
- 1 tablespoon chili powder you can use as much or as little as you like for your family
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free noodles I used Tinkiyada Brown Rice Elbows
- 1/2 cup shredded Daiya Cheddar Shreds
- avocado slices pickled jalapenos, hot sauce, fresh lime, shredded cabbage
Heat the oil over medium heat.
Add the onions and saute until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
Add in the ground meat and garlic, stirring to break the meat up.
When browned, add in tomato paste, canned tomatoes, beef broth, oregano, and chili powder. Stir to combine.
Stir in the noodles. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until the noodles are al dente, about 7-10 minutes. The noodles will continue to soak up liquid as it sits, so don't worry if it seems a little thin at first, or the noodles not quite cooked. Let it rest covered 5-10 minutes to finish absorbing the liquid and finish cooking!
Stir in cheddar shreds until melted. Serve!
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!