As a mom, I absolutely ADORE one pot (or skillet) meals! They are convenient and super easy to clean up.
As a child, I loved all the variations of Hamburger Helper…but today the frightening ingredient list means even withOUT allergies, I would not choose to feed those boxes to my family.
So how to make this a REAL FOOD meal? Come with me, and I will show you an easy way to make every kiddo happy with a yummy dinner!
You may also want to check out a couple other of my one skillet meals:
Homemade Hamburger Helper Beef Noodle Skillet - Gluten & Dairy Free
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 teaspoon EACH paprika parsley, oregano, garlic powder, salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste for extra umami = flavor optional, my husband and I added hot chili sauce as well.
- 1 1/2 cup favorite milk (Use unsweetened; coconut or almond are my favorites.
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth (I use my own homemade beef bone broth for added nutrition benefits.
- 2 1/3 cups gluten free noodles I use Trader Joes Brown Rice Spirals, or Tinkiyada.
- 1 cup allowed cheddar cheese I used Daiya Cheddar Shreds
- 1-2 teaspoons gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
Add in your ground beef and diced onion, brown.
Add in all the spices.
Stir in the liquids and noodles.
Bring to a gentle simmer, cover, and turn the heat to low.
Simmer about 10-15 minutes until the noodles are tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
Remove from the heat, vent the lid, and let rest to absorb the remaining liquid for about 5 minutes.
Stir in the cheese and Worcestershire, taste, add more salt if necessary, enjoy!