This delicious and simple side is the best fresh green beans recipe, and is paleo and keto friendly! Fresh greens beans marry with garden tomatoes and basil to create an awesome side dish with simple ingredients!
Green beans are one of my very favorite vegetables, and when summer hits, I have beans coming out my ears!
Where I could eat them most nights very happily, my husband cringes at the idea of yet another night of beans (and in the spring, he has a similar feeling about asparagus, but still loves it occasionally…especially my grilled asparagus!!).
What is one to do?! He picked a woman who will always shop in-season for taste and economy, and quite frankly, fresh, in-season produce can’t be beat!
This simple side marries the very best flavors of summer (or at least three of them!). Beans, basil, and cherry tomatoes are staples in my garden, and I absolutely LOVE sending the kids out to harvest the goodies for dinner.
This recipe came about as a way to use up my garden’s bounty. I love this preparation, and I can bet you will too!
How to cook fresh green beans:
Green beans actually take much longer to cook than many veggies! In order to be tender, they need to be steamed, blanched, or roasted.
- Blanching: Bring a pot of salted water to boil, add the trimmed green beans. Boil, covered for 8-10 minutes until tender, drain immediately and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Steaming: Using a steamer basket, set the green beans over steaming water and steam, covered, for 8-10 minutes until tender. Rinse in cold water to stop cooking process
- Roasting: Toss trimmed green beans in a heat safe fat and sea salt to coat evenly. Roast in a 400 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes, turning once half way through cooking.
More Fresh Green Bean Recipes:
- Smoked Turkey Salad
- Green Beans Almondine @ Wholesome Yum
- Worcestershire Green Beans @ Renee Nicole’s Kitchen
- Balsamic Roasted Green Beans @ The Rising Spoon
Best Fresh Green Bean Recipe:
If you try this recipe, I want to hear about it! Please leave a comment below!
Tender Green Beans w/ Cherry Tomatoes
Steam your green beans until crisp tender, about 8-10 minutes.
In a pan over medium heat, melt your ghee.
Add in the tomatoes, basil, salt, and stevia.
Saute gently for about a minute or two to release the tomato juices.
Remove from the heat, and toss with the steamed green beans.
Taste, and add more garlic salt to taste if necessary.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!