A family friendly meal that goes together in a snap and cooks in five minutes!! This is one kid friendly meal you do not want to miss! And no worries, this version is all real food…no scary processed ingredients here!
Remember Rice-a-Roni when you were growing up!!? While it certainly still exists….I no longer am willing to purchase it. It contains some less than stellar ingredients I prefer not to feed my family.
And really, there is no need! With a few simple ingredients and spices, you can have that classic flavor you fondly remember…gluten free to boot! Meet the Instant Pot Rice-a-Roni Chicken, a perfect quick recipe to throw into that mom arsenal!
How To Up Your Nutrition In This Quick Dinner!
I always like to get the most bang for my buck when it comes to the food I feed my family. Using bone broths are a great way to add loads of flavor to your foods, as well as essential amino acids and collagen: essential components in our bodies! Bone broth even contain some protein from the collagen!!
While I love to make my own bone broth in the Instant Pot, in a pinch, I love to have my Perfect Supplements Bone Broth Powder to throw in! True to their rigorous quality standards, this bone broth contains ONE ingredient: organic chicken bones!! Well of course, they slow cooked them in water too! The broth is then dehydrated to give you a convenient but totally nutritious add in to all sorts of meals!
Here are some nutritional highlights of this top quality bone broth:
- contains all 9 amino acids
- contains the collagen (types 1, 2, AND 3) , chondroitin, and glucosomine: all amazing for joint health!!
- Non GMO, and glyphosphate free…..and tested to be so!!
And they will back their product with a 60 day money back guarantee!! Don’t love it? Return it for all your money back! But I know you will love it as much as I do…they have become my go-to for collagen, gelatin, dessicated liver, and other high quality supplements! Use TESSA10 for 10% off any order.
No Instant Pot?
I haven’t tested it yet, but I plan to!
- The liquid would need to be increased for simmering on the stove. I would start with 2 3/4 cup broth, added in after you have followed all the ‘Saute‘ instructions.
- Pour in the broth, bring to a simmer, then cover and let gently simmer for about 15-20 minutes. Turn off the heat and let rest another 5-10 minutes.
More Quick & Easy Instant Pot Meals:
Having lots of quick and easy recipes on hand is key to feeding your family well, even when time is crunched!! These recipes are all straight forward and call for simple ingredients. As an added bonus, they are kid-friendly!
- Instant Pot Chicken Adobo
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot No Noodle Lasagna (could serve over noodles too!!) @ Low Carb Yum
- Easy Beef Stew @ Mama Knows Gluten Free
Instant Pot Rice-a-Roni Chicken Recipe:
Instant Pot Rice-a-Roni Chicken
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups bone broth homemade or your favorite chicken broth
- 1 pound chicken tenders cut into bite sized pieces. Chicken breasts or thighs will also work.
Press "saute' on your Instant Pot. Add in the oil or butter, and toss in the onion.
Stir the onion for a few minutes to soften, then add the broken spaghetti pieces to brown slightly, several minutes.
Add all the rice, seasoning mix, and chicken, stirring to combine.
Let cook for a few minutes, stirring periodically.
Pour in the bone broth or chicken broth, stirring gently. If any rice kernels are on the side of the insert, shove them back in! Hit the 'cancel' button.
Lock on the lid and set 'manual' time for 5 minutes.
When the Instant Pot beeps, hit cancel, and let the it sit for 5-10 minutes before releasing pressure to serve (it may have naturally released by this point anyways!)