Super creamy and loaded with classic Italian flavors, these Instant Pot Italian chicken tenderloins are a quick and easy meal to serve your family.
Served low carb and keto style over spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles, or shirataki noodles! It also makes a great gluten free dinner over your favorite gluten free noodles!
I have owned my Instant Pot for over 4 years now. It quickly became one of trusty tried and true appliances worth the valuable real estate in my kitchen cupboards! I regularly turn to it now to create all sorts of super fast and healthy dinners for my family. When I originally perfected my Chicken Adobo recipe, I started realizing this same basic method could be used for LOADS of different flavor profiles!
Ever since, I have been experimenting away! We’ve been enjoying this tasty keto Italian chicken for over a year now. It’s one of those recipes I almost ALWAYS have the ingredients on hand for, and with minimal effort and time, dinner is served! It has saved me on busy school sport nights where everyone is running here or there at all different times and all different places (moms….here’s a high five!).
So here’s to a quick dinner to feed the family…..still healthy…and no processed foods required!
Dairy Free Instant Pot Italian Chicken?
I have noted in the recipe notes how to make this dish dairy free for the Whole30 and dairy free peeps!!
These tender chicken tenderloins are served in lots of delicious ways! Here are ideas to get your creative juices going!
- serve it low carb style with either spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles, or shirtaki noodles.
- served atop some sautéed cauli rice
- with some favorite rice
- with your favorite gluten free noodles
- add in some aged parmesan or pecorino romano at the end….yum!
Additional Low Carb Instant Pot Recipes To Try:
- Kalua Pork – one of the most beloved recipes in my family, feeds a crowd easily and only has a couple ingredients!
- Carnitas – readers LOVE this one, and for good reason!!
- Shredded Chipotle Beef @ Yang’s Nourishing Kitchen
- Veggie Bacon Quiche @The Organic Kitchen
- Creamy Whole30 Chicken
Instant Pot Low Carb Italian Chicken Recipe:
If you try this quick and easy dinner, I want to hear about it! Please take a moment to leave a comment and a rating below!
Instant Pot Italian Chicken
Lean chicken tenderloins are cooked up in an irresistible, creamy, Italian infused sauce!
- 1.5 pounds chicken tenderloins OR chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces, OR chicken thighs
Mix in After Natural Release
- 1/2 cup cream cheese OR cashew cream (see note below) for dairy free/Whole30
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch or any starch OPTIONAL, only if you want to thicken more. 1/2t xanthan gum for keto.
Stir together the 'broth mix' and add it to your Instant Pot along with the tenderloins.
Lock on your lid, set 'manual' timer for 8 minutes.
When the timer beeps, hit 'cancel.' Let the Instant Pot NR (natural release) for at least 10 minutes.
Depressurize if necessary, and using a whisk, stir in the preferred cream cheese or cashew cream. Only add the starch if you want it even thicker and creamier! If you do, run the 'saute' feature for a minute or two to cook and thicken the starch.
You can see how to make cashew cream here. Alternately, you can add 2-3 tablespoons cashews to the broth mixture, remove the tenderloins, and puree the sauce in blender before adding back to coat the chicken. And if you want your sauce thinner, just a touch more broth to thin to desired consistency.