Paleo Cold Artichoke Dip w/ Homemade Garlic Crostinis

It's only fair to share...Share on YummlyTweet about this on TwitterShare on StumbleUponShare on FacebookEmail this to someoneShare on Google+Pin on Pinterest

Cold Artichoke Dip w/ Garlic Crostinis - Gluten Free & PaleoWhile I have a traditional paleo hot artichoke dip, this dip is just as delicious and heart healthy! it is perfect for hot weather dayswhen an oven seems like too much.

I love how a few simple ingredients can marry and create something so divine.  This tapenade has an Italian flare, and any guest would be happy to gobble this down as an appetizer.  I love to eat it for a quick snack too, and since my husband won’t touch artichokes (silly man!) it means I get more for myself!

This is thrown together in 10 minutes, and does even better as it marinates in the fridge.  Enjoy!

Cold Artichoke Dip w/ Homemade Garlic Crostinis
  • 14 oz can artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped
  • 2 oz jar chopped pimentos
  • ¼ cup sliced green onion
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon oregano
  • 2 tablespoons grated pecorino romano (optional, omit for vegan or dairy allergy)
  • Crostinis:
  • 6 slices favorite gluten free or Paleo bread (I used Udis Chia-Millet), or a gluten free baguette, sliced thinly
  • ¼ cup olive oil
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • ⅛ teaspoon salt
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Mix all the dip ingredients together and store in the fridge to allow the flavors to marry and marinate.
  3. Slice your bread slices into halves or quarters as desired.
  4. Mix together the remaining crostini ingredients.
  5. Using a pastry brush, lightly spread each side of the bread slices with the olive oil mixture and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
  6. Place the toasts in a preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes until golden and crispy.
  7. If you would like both sides to be evenly golden, flip the toasts half way through the baking time.
  8. Serve along side the artichoke tapenade!

Cold Artichoke Dip w/ Garlic Crostinis - Gluten Free & Paleo

This post was shared with  Fat Tuesdays, Hearth & Soul, GF Wednesday, Waste Not Want Not, Foodie Friday, Real Food Friday, GF FridayLet’s Get Real Fridays, Savoring Saturdays

Posted in Appetizers & Snacks Tagged with: , , , ,
22 comments on “Paleo Cold Artichoke Dip w/ Homemade Garlic Crostinis
  1. Amber says:

This looks perfect for today! It’s sooo hot here in Cali and this looks so yummy and refreshing!!! Great recipe. Easy too, which we all love right!

Have a great weekend Tessa!

2. Ina gawne says:

What is not to love about Artichokes! This looks delicious – a great snack or appetizer! :)

3. Lisa says:

Looks divine! Thanks so much for sharing!

4. Diane Balch says:

Glad to find a use for that jar of artichokes in my pantry. Please share this on my foodie friday linky today.

Your dip looks delicious. Hope you have a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.

6. April Harris says:

My husband doesn’t like artichokes either, but I love them! Your dip looks so delicious, and I’d just love it with those wonderful garlic crostini.

7. We all love artichokes and your dip looks fantastic! I have been saving money by buying frozen artichokes, so what was a treat has turned into a regular feature. :) I’m looking forward to trying your dip.

8. OOOOOHHHH that looks SO good!!! I’m totally printing this out for future use!!

Found you off the Waste not Want Not linky. :)

9. Genie says:

Love artichokes!

10. Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe with us at the Hearth and Soul hop. I like that it uses store cupboard ingredients. I’ve pinned it to my Appetizers board.

11. Becky says:

Yum, yum, yum! Thanks for sharing on Tuesday Greens!

12. Oh, I will be trying this soon! YUM Thanks for sharing at Gluten Free Fridays. Got it pinned and tweeted!

13. Easy delicious and perfect! Thanks.

14. Yum! I’ve never done anything with artichokes before, but this looks delicious! (I’ve HAD them, just never bought one to cook with. I need to do that!) Thanks for sharing this with Naturally Sweet Tuesday, ~Aubree

15. Marla says:

Great recipe. Love all those spice in there that make it extra special and I am sure extra tasty. Thanks for sharing on Real Food Fridays blog hop. Pinned & Twitted.
    Marla recently posted…Real Food Friday #84 – Come Share Real FoodMy Profile

16. Christine says:

Mmm…artichoke and toasted bread. It’s like peanut butter and jelly. For adults? Actually, I’m pretty sure my whole family would love this healthy appetizer! Thanks for sharing on #FoodieFriDIY

17. Artichoke dip looks amazing.
    Faye Wilkerson recently posted…English MuffinsMy Profile

18. It sounds delicious to me! I have a feeling this will be a big hit with my family…I have a bunch of artichoke lovers here! Thanks for sharing it with us at #FoodieFriDIY! Sending some foodie love your way!

19. Raia says:

Oh, this sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing it at Savoring Saturdays! I’m going to feature it at this weekend’s party – hope you’ll come share with us again! :)

20. This looks delightful! I love anything with artichokes. Thanks for sharing at Real Food Friday; I’m featuring your recipe this week :)
    Heather @ Cook It Up Paleo recently posted…Real Food Friday #85My Profile

1 Pings/Trackbacks for "Paleo Cold Artichoke Dip w/ Homemade Garlic Crostinis"
  1. […] Tessa The Domestic Diva shared Artichoke Dip with Homemade Garlic Crostinis […]