While I have a traditional paleo hot artichoke dip, this dip is just as delicious and heart healthy! it is perfect for hot weather dayswhen an oven seems like too much.
I love how a few simple ingredients can marry and create something so divine. This tapenade has an Italian flare, and any guest would be happy to gobble this down as an appetizer. I love to eat it for a quick snack too, and since my husband won’t touch artichokes (silly man!) it means I get more for myself!
This is thrown together in 10 minutes, and does even better as it marinates in the fridge. Enjoy!
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped
- 2 oz jar chopped pimentos
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons grated pecorino romano (optional, omit for vegan or dairy allergy)
- 6 slices favorite gluten free or Paleo bread (I used Udis Chia-Millet), or a gluten free baguette, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all the dip ingredients together and store in the fridge to allow the flavors to marry and marinate.
- Slice your bread slices into halves or quarters as desired.
- Mix together the remaining crostini ingredients.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly spread each side of the bread slices with the olive oil mixture and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place the toasts in a preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes until golden and crispy.
- If you would like both sides to be evenly golden, flip the toasts half way through the baking time.
- Serve along side the artichoke tapenade!