Fresh Strawberry Pie in a Chocolate Cookie Crust – Gluten Free & Vegan

Fresh Strawberry Pie in a Cookie Crust  - gf & vegan w/ grain free optionStrawberries are coming out my ears, and I couldn’t be happier!  I have made this pie at least four, make that FIVE  times in the last month.  It goes together in a flash and the results are….well…addicting!

Like a chocolate covered strawberry in tart form.  A buttery, chocolatey crust topped with bright, tart berries in a thick ganache.  It certainly doesn’t hurt that the the whole pie is  show stopper with minimal effort OR skill!

You can also make these into smaller tarts for a personal pie, I use these pans.

I also love that this pie is easily adaptable to multiple diets.  I will give you several crust options (All of which I have tried and loved!)!!

Go ahead, impress somebody!

Fresh Strawberry Pie in a Chocolate Cookie Crust - Gluten Free & Vegan

Ingredients:

Crust:

Chocolate Ganache:

• 1 cup favorite dark chocolate chips (I like to use one or two 1 oz squares of unsweetened baking chocolate to reduce the sugar even further.  I have also used my own homemade chocolate sweetened with either honey, xylitol, and/or stevia: use YOUR favorite!!  The ratio is about 1/2 cup coconut oil or cocoa butter mixed with 1/4 cup or more cocoa powder, and 2 tablespoons preferred sweetener or more to taste!)
  • 1/4 cup favorite milk

Strawberry Topping:

• Wait for it…..apx 1 pint halved and hulled strawberries!

Directions:

1. Prepare your selected crust.  Whir the the cookies or shortbread in a food processor until you have fine cookie crumbs.
  2. Pulse in the oil until well incorporated.
  3. Press mixture into a 9″ pie plate.
  4. Bake for about 10-15 minutes in a 350 degree oven.  It may seem soft upon removal, but firms up when it cools.
  5. While the crust cools, make your ganache by melting your chocolate and milk together and stir until smooth and creamy.  If you make your own chocolate, you can forgo the milk: homemade chocolate if much softer at room temperature and will need longer to to harden and will also need refrigeration.
  6. Pour over your prepared crust and smooth out.
  7. While the ganache is still warm, press in the strawberry halves  in a circular pattern.
  8. Chill until set!
  9. Top with your favorite cream if desired, or drizzle with more melted chocolate for an even more dramatic pie!

This recipe was shared on Tasteful Tuesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Traditional Tuesday, Hearth & Soul, Waste Not Want Not, Well-Fed Wednesday, GF Wednesday, Healthy 2Day Wednesday,Frugal Days Sustainable Ways, Real Food Wednesday, Whole Foods Wednesday, Wildcrafting Wednesday,Tasty Traditions, Thank Your Body Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Simple Lives ThursdayNatural Living Wednesday, Pennywise Platter, Wellness Weekend, GF Fridays, Whole Foods Fridays, Fight Back Friday, Healthy Vegan Fridays, Pure Potluck Party, Simple Meals Friday, From the Farm Hop, Mostly Homemade Mondays, Natural Living Mondays, Make Your Own Monday,

Tagged with: , ,
Posted in Dessert, Vegan
37 comments on “Fresh Strawberry Pie in a Chocolate Cookie Crust – Gluten Free & Vegan
  1. Tessa!! You’ve done it again! that looks outrageously delicious! i love the choc/strawberry combo! fantastic. simply fantastic!!

2. Sandra Simmons says:

Maybe try again?

3. Fabulous, and easy!! Those look so tempting!!! Love them.

4. This looks so yummy! And for what its worth, I think your pictures are beautiful!

5. amber says:

Scott just shed a tear! :-)

Perfect combination Tessa. What a great treat for your family. Thank you for sharing with us.

Hugs,
    –Amer

6. Chocolate heaven!!! and with strawberries, no less ☺ This looks just dreamy and I can’t wait to try it. Thanks for sharing this week in our recipe hop!

7. Wow wow wow wow wow how many times can I write WOW? Im totally pinning this and I love how you include a grain-free option as I have a friend who doesnt eat a lot of grains and I could totally make this for her! thanks so much, found you through the Whole Foods blog carnival.

Blessings!

8. Linda says:

Nevermind what you think about the pics – your PICS made me DROOL ! and that says it all .. for once I have everything on hand, will make tonight.
    Have a nice day!

9. oooh…decadent, chocolatey and all natural ingredients. I’m hooked.

Tessa, this is a wonderful Fresh Strawberry Pie with all that Chocolate. I love the combination it is a real winner! Hope you are having a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.

11. April Harris says:

Oh my, what a wonderful, wonderful tart! Chocolate and strawberries taste so good together, and this looks beautiful too!

12. Hello! You had me at strawberries and chocolate! YUM! Stopping by to say hello from the Allergy Free Wednesday linky! :) Happy to connect with you :) Cindy

13. Gorgeous, Tessa! And I’m sure it tastes DIVINE! :-)

xo,
    Shirley

14. Johanna GGG says:

This looks amazing – why aren’t all pie crusts as full of chocolate as yours and why don’t i ever make pies with strawberries like this – when strawberry season hits this is on the to do list

15. Thank you for your submission on Nourishing Treasures’ Make Your Own! Monday link-up.

Check back later tonight when the new link-up is running to see if you were one of the top 3 featured posts! :)

16. Diane Balch says:

My daughter made a shortbread tart. I can’t wait to show her this recipe. She will love the addition of strawberries. Thanks for sharing this on foodie friday.

17. ashley says:

So yummy looking! I’m preparing to make it, but had a question. Do you just use the Oreo cookie part and not the filling? I’m assuming that is the case but just wanted to make sure.
    Thanks!

18. Natalie says:

I pinned it too…will definitely be making this in the next couple of weeks when my strawberries come in to season. Thanks for sharing (I hopped over from wildcraft wednesday).

19. Oh, this looks awesome! My name is Katie and I hostInspired Weekends, open from Thursday to Thursday. I would love to have you link up!

20. Emma Potts says:

Oooooh strawberries and chocolate together is just the best!
    1 question: is 1 package just 1 sleeve of cookies? Could you specify the weight? Thanks very much, I think I might make these into mini tarts :)

21. Like a chocolate covered strawberry in a pie — YUM! Thanks for sharing on Hearth & Soul Hop. :)

22. chocolate and strawberries = perfection!
    Thanks for sharing on Wildcrafting Wednesday!

Thank you so much for sharing your great recipe with Full Plate Thursday and have a wonderful week.

24. This looks amazing, Tessa!! I’m featuring it tonight on Waste Not Want Not, thanks for sharing it :)

25. Andrea says:

Mmm, looks incredible! What a lovely combination. Thanks for sharing on Natural Living Monday!

off to pin this now… :)

26. Oh, wow! This sounds awesome!! Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :)

Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com

27. Pure Ella says:

Wow! What a lovely pie Miss!
    I would love to bite into this! Yum! ;)
    Thank you for sharing this at the Pure Potluck Party ;)
    xo