Strawberries are coming out my ears, and I couldn’t be happier! I have made this pie at least
four, make that FIVE times in the last month. It goes together in a flash and the results are….well…addicting!
Like a chocolate covered strawberry in tart form. A buttery, chocolatey crust topped with bright, tart berries in a thick ganache. It certainly doesn’t hurt that the the whole pie is show stopper with minimal effort OR skill!
You can also make these into smaller tarts for a personal pie, I use these pans.
I also love that this pie is easily adaptable to multiple diets. I will give you several crust options (All of which I have tried and loved!)!!
Go ahead, impress somebody!
- 1 8 oz package gluten free oreo-style cookies (I like KinniToos) OR make your own sugar-free chocolate shortbread (1 batch) OR make this grain-free chocolate crust and forgo the remaining crust ingredients!
- 4 tablespoons softened coconut oil or allowed butter
- Chocolate Ganache:
- 1 cup favorite dark chocolate chips (I like to use one or two 1 oz squares of unsweetened baking chocolate to reduce the sugar even further. I have also used my own homemade chocolate sweetened with either honey, xylitol, and/or stevia: use YOUR favorite!! The ratio is about ½ cup coconut oil or cocoa butter mixed with ¼ cup or more cocoa powder, and 2 tablespoons preferred sweetener or more to taste!)
- ¼ cup favorite milk
- Strawberry Topping:
- Apx 1 pint halved and hulled strawberries
- Prepare your selected crust. Whir the the cookies or shortbread in a food processor until you have fine cookie crumbs.
- Pulse in the oil until well incorporated.
- Press mixture into a 9" pie plate.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes in a 350 degree oven. It may seem soft upon removal, but firms up when it cools.
- While the crust cools, make your ganache by melting your chocolate and milk together and stir until smooth and creamy. If you make your own chocolate, you can forgo the milk: homemade chocolate if much softer at room temperature and will need longer to to harden and will also need refrigeration.
- Pour over your prepared crust and smooth out.
- While the ganache is still warm, press in the strawberry halves in a circular pattern.
- Chill until set!
- Top with your favorite cream if desired, or drizzle with more melted chocolate for an even more dramatic pie!
This recipe was shared on Mostly Homemade Mondays, Natural Living Mondays, GF & DIY Tuesdays, Naturally Sweet Tuesdays, Fat Tuesdays, Totally Talented Tuesdays, Hearth & SOul, GF Wednesday, Waste Not Want Not, Wonderful Wednesday, Wellness Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Full Plate Thursday, Pennywise Platter, Thank Your Body Thursday, GF Friday, Fight Back Friday,