It always a treat finding grain free baked goods that contain no eggs. It doesn’t happen a lot! My husband and I try and limit our grains, but our little guy can’t have any nuts or eggs…so any baked good I make for us is almost never OK for him. I love how this recipe is a snap to throw together and easily memorized. With so little sweetener, and all the other wholesome ingredients…this is a treat that doesn’t carry a whole ton of guilt.
If you are more of a chocolate chip kind of person, leave off the coating and mix in a handful of chips!
Subtly orange-hued, ultra-moist, and delicately sweet, these cookies are fall treat begging to be made.
These get even more soft as they sit for a day. Pumpkin and honey (they are humectants) will both do that to baked goods! I like to store mine in the freezer, but on the counter for a few days works too!
GAPS diet? Omit palm sugar and use only honey! Also, leave the psyllium husks out.
Want some more egg free Paleo recipes? Here are some more of mine!!
- Paleo Vegan Nut Free Dense & Fudgey Chocolate Brownies
- Paleo Vegan Nutella Cookies
- Paleo Vegan Toffee Caramels
- Paleo Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Paleo Sweet Potato Muffins – Egg Free
- Raw Chocolate Macaroons
- Raw Strawberry Macaroons
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey or coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional: 1 tablespoon psyllium husks (adds a firmer texture)
- 2 tablespoonspalm sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, cinnamon, salt, and soda.
- In a liquid measuring cup, mix the wet ingredients through the psyllium husks well (make sure your pumpkin in room temp so the coconut oil does not harden!)
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mix and blend with a wooden spoon. The mixture will be stubborn, work it to moisten everything well.
- Roll the batter into 14-16 cookies, roughly golf ball size.
- Mix your cinnamon sugar coating in a small bowl (palm sugar and remaining cinnamon).
- Roll each ball into the mixture, and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Press down slightly with the palm of your hand: these cookies don't move much!
- Bake for 10-13 minutes until bottoms are golden.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes, remove and store in an airtight container.