It always a treat finding grain free baked goods that contain no eggs. It doesn’t happen a lot! My husband and I try and limit our grains, but our little guy can’t have any nuts or eggs…so any baked good I make for us is almost never OK for him. I love how this recipe is a snap to throw together and easily memorized. With so little sweetener, and all the other wholesome ingredients…this is a treat that doesn’t carry a whole ton of guilt.
If you are more of a chocolate chip kind of person, leave off the coating and mix in a handful of chips!
Subtly orange-hued, ultra-moist, and delicately sweet, these cookies are fall treat begging to be made.
These get even more soft as they sit for a day. Pumpkin and honey (they are humectants) will both do that to baked goods! I like to store mine in the freezer, but on the counter for a few days works too!
GAPS diet? Omit palm sugar and use only honey! Also, leave the psyllium husks out.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey or coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional: 1 tablespoon psyllium husks (adds a firmer texture)
- 2 tablespoonspalm sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, cinnamon, salt, and soda.
- In a liquid measuring cup, mix the wet ingredients through the psyllium husks well (make sure your pumpkin in room temp so the coconut oil does not harden!)
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mix and blend with a wooden spoon. The mixture will be stubborn, work it to moisten everything well.
- Roll the batter into 14-16 cookies, roughly golf ball size.
- Mix your cinnamon sugar coating in a small bowl (palm sugar and remaining cinnamon).
- Roll each ball into the mixture, and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Press down slightly with the palm of your hand: these cookies don't move much!
- Bake for 10-13 minutes until bottoms are golden.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes, remove and store in an airtight container.