Creamy. Cozy. Comforting.
The smell of bacon will fill your house as you prep this filling and creamy soup. Summer may be over, but the flavors of a good bacon cheeseburger are still a winning combination!
With the change of seasons and moving into cooler weather my internal musings instantly turn to all varieties of warming foods: pumpkin, squash, and soups are my heavy hitters!
The beauty of soup is that it is so darn versatile and easily adaptable to so many diets and preferences. In this recipe, I was going for family friendly (read between the lines: picky kids will actually eat it), nutritious, and quick.
Enter the Instant Pot. While this soup could easily be made on the stove…I know my peeps are hungry for even more ways to use their beloved electric pressure cooker!
What’s the craze? The Instant Pot has garnered a cult following because it is EASY! It saves busy moms TIME. It also keeps the stove clean…which in my world gets high points!! If you are on the fence, consider taking the plunge. You get a meal on the table in a flash, and the whole set and forget feature is brilliant.
In my family, I puree all the vegetables in the soup . This improves my chances of my kids eating a food containing vegetables….MIXED with other foods, oh the horror!!!. But if you do not care, OR you simply like your soups chunky, you can forgo this step!!
Either way, grab a bowl and get cozy!
Want some more Instant Pot soups? Here are some others to try:
- Paleo Thai Carrot Soup
- Paleo Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- Spanish Garlic & Egg Soup (lightening quick!!)
- Thai Chicken Soup
- Creamy Ham & Potato Chowder (dairy free)
You could also check out my Gluten Free | Paleo Instant Pot Board on Pinterest! I add new recipes from all over the web weekly! Be sure to follow me as I curate all sorts of nutritious and delicious recipes for families!
- 6oz bacon, chopped
- 1½ pounds hamburger
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 4 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 4 cups beef or chicken broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or more to taste)
- Sea salt to taste (will depend on the broth you use, start with a ½ teaspoon)
- Using the saute feature on your Instant Pot, brown your bacon, remove
- Continue with the ground beef. Brown the meat until cooked through, remove.
- Add in all your vegetables, and saute a few minutes to soften (add some coconut oil if you used a lean meat and there is no fat left in pot)
- Pour in the broth.
- Lock on the lid, set manual for 7 minutes.
- Quick release.
- Now, using an immersion blender, right in the pot, puree the vegetables.
- Stir in the cheeses, blend again to mix.
- Stir the bacon and hamburger back in, let sit for a few minutes to warm gently back up.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!