A chewy flourless chocolate chip cookie made with wholesome ingredients! We love these Paleo and gluten free cookies, and since they are made all in your food processor using whole nuts, you’re likely to have all you need on hand!
My son has developed quite the affinity for cashew butter. Problem is….it is SUPER spendy to buy in the stores, so we have always made our own.
Homemade Cashew Butter?
- Raw cashews are very soft and very easy to turn into your own cashew butter! Simply whir at least 2-4 cups of raw cashews in a food processor (I adore my Cuisenart 14 cup Processor and use it all the time!) with some oil (we use avocado or coconut) until smooth and creamy, scraping the sides down if necessary. I currently use my faithful Blendtec Twister jar to achieve this in less than 60 seconds, but used a food processor previously. It is really THAT simple!
But I digress. Cookies. Since we buy raw cashews in bulk, sometimes we have some to burn through some surplus before they get stale…..thus the invention of these cookies.
I also figured people would be more likely to have raw cashews in their pantries over the spendy cashew butter….and that if they DID have butter, they may not want to use it all up in one fell swoop.
However you decide to move forward, these cookies will be well worth your (brief) time. Chewy. Simple. Low in sugar. No flours or grains. These are a great afternoon snack!
PS. If you fall in love with the ease and taste of homemade raw cashew butter, you should try using it in a reader favorite: Paleo 5 minute Muffins! But I have directions for using whole nuts in THAT one too!!
Other Paleo cookie recipes?
- Paleo Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- Molasses Cookies w/ Maple Cream Frosting @ Thriving on Paleo
- Paleo Orange Cookies @ Texeranin Baking
Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:
Flourless & Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups raw cashews 300g, could sub 1 cup favorite nut or seed butter
- 1/4 coconut oil omit if using already made nut butter
- 1/2 cup palm sugar or any granulated sweetener of choice, could use low-carb, and could add more to taste
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips I use Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a cookie sheet with parchment.
In the bowl of a food processor, place the raw cashews and coconut oil, blend until mostly creamy, scraping down sides as necessary. Don't be tempted to add everything else in until this is done....it will seize with the addition of liquids.
Add in the sugar, vanilla, salt, and and baking soda and pulse several times to incorporate thoroughly.
Pulse in the eggs.
Pulse in the chocolate chips (I won't tell if you add more!)
Place 2 tablespoons of dough , a couple of inches apart on your prepared cookie sheet. and flatten gently with wet fingers or the back of a wet spoon.
Bake for 8-10 minutes until turning just golden around the edges.
Let cool to firm up, then transfer to an airtight container.