These keto jalapeño poppers are simple to make and mouthwatering! Everyone needs some easy appetizers to feed a crowd when festive parties come along, and these poppers will disappear in no time! Low carb and gluten free, I have also provided a dairy free option!
We have loved jalapeño poppers in our household for years!
Poppers make a great appetizer or a fun Superbowl snack. As matter of fact, so does my dairy free artichoke dip!
Everyone always loves these, it’s just an added bonus they are free of gluten and all grains!
Is there anything more irresistible than smoky bacon, cream cheese, and spicy jalapeños all rolled into the same dish?! I think not!
Keto jalapeño popper dip?
There is a lot of room for creativity here.
While I have shared our most frequently used recipe here for the finger food fanatics, IF your family is not huge on spice, then make this WITHOUT the jalapeños!
Jalapeño poppers withOUT jalapeños?!! I know…it seems like a bit of an oxymoron!
But by omitting the spicy peppers, the cheesy cream cheese filling baked up in an appropriate dish works fabulously as a hot low carb dip!
Serve with some fresh vegetables, gluten free crackers, or favorite bread chunks!
I don’t want the hassle in wrapping bacon, what can I do?
The bacon can be wrapped around the poppers as written, OR the ‘lazy’ method I sometimes use too: pre-cook the bacon (try my mess free bacon method here) and chop it up. Then mix into the cheese filling! Voilá!
Dairy free jalapeño poppers?
So if you are dairy free, I have good news! A Whole30 version for all my peeps!
I have made these with a cashew cream cheese and Daiya cheese shreds! Any favorite melty vegan cheese will do.
Baked jalapeño popper tips
- Removing spicy pepper seeds: The oils on any spicy pepper’s seeds can do some serious ouch if you’re not careful! I am careful to not use my fingers when cutting away the white pith and seeds with a small knife. You can also wear gloves if you do not trust yourself!
- Soften your cream cheese: If you have ever tried to mix cream cheese into anything, you know it is hard to do when it is cold! So leave it out to come to room temp, OR unwrap it and place in a microwave safe dish to soften for 10-25 seconds (microwave ovens vary).
- You can use mini bell peppers for a non-spicy variation…still ultra yum!
- Keep the stems on: the stems are not only visually fun, they act like a little handle for fingers!
- Use thin sliced bacon! If you use thick cut bacon, it will not crisp up in the allotted time. I like Trader Joes sugar free or black forest versions. IF all you have is thicker pieces, pre cook the bacon and chop to mix into the cheese mixture instead.
Additional low carb appetizers for parties!
- My smoky eggplant dip is one of absolute favs…and I never loved eggplant! SO amazing, served cold, dairy free too.
- Sausage cheese balls are a bit TOO delish, and make a perfect finger food!
- If if you CAN have dairy, my vegan nacho cheese sauce is something special!
- This healthier hot crab dip looks amaze-balls!
- Peruvian style deviled eggs are a fun twist on a classic app!
- Artichoke dip is hot a bubbly!
Keto Jalapeño Poppers Recipe:
If you try this recipe, be sure to come back and leave a comment below!
Keto Jalapeño Poppers
A delicious appetizer perfect as a finger food for any party or crowd!
- 12 jalapeños halved lengthwise and seeds and white ribs removed.
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened. Dairy free option in post above
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese or preferred vegan cheese
- 3 tablespoons pickled jalapeños minced. Optional
- 1 clove minced garlic may use a couple more
- 6 slices bacon thin sliced and halved lengthwise. See notes above in post for tips.
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, set aside an ungreased cookie sheet.
In the bowl of your mixer (or by hand), mix all the ingredients minus the fresh jalapeños and bacon (unless you are using the pre cooked and chopped bacon version mentioned in the post above).
Fill each jalapeño half with 2-3 teaspoons of the cheesy filling.
Using a half slice of bacon, wrap it around each pepper half, tucking the ends on the side touching the pan.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until melty and peppers look wilted!
Keto Recipes says
I love spicy jalapeño poppers.
This is one of my favourites.