Spanish garlic soup has been around for ages, find out why this soup is so popular! A traditional Spanish comfort food, this bowl of soup is lightening quick to prepare and utterly comforting and delicious.
I am always honored to be asked to review someone’s new cookbook.
I have to admit, I was a little skeptical at first.
Not that I don’t love a good soup, but I didn’t know how useful or practical and entire cookbook devoted to them would be for me.
I WAS WRONG!!
Why you should get your own copy of Ladled
Beautiful to look at, easy to use.
I love the picture thumbnails in the table of contents, a thumbnail image of each recipe! Makes for a convenient and aesthetic way to peruse! It is divided into types of soups (hearty, with beans, with eggs, stocks, etc) so finding something you are looking for is exceedingly easy.
Conducive to almost all specialty diets out there!
GAPS, Paleo, vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free, real food…you name it, you will find a lot in this book for you. Each recipe has a handy bubble below the image denoting it’s special diet characteristics (grain-free, quick and easy, dairy free, etc). Everything has a dairy free option, and almost every single recipe is gluten free.
I have have made over 10 recipes in this book, and not a single one has disappointed. Some of the recipes have been repeated over 5 times already, as my kids are really digging all these soups too (I learned something new about them!). And many of them I can whip together with almost no effort OR time. Warm, comforting, flavorful goodness in under 20 minutes!
Some great cliff note versions on soaking grains and beans for use in the soups. There is also lots of good information on why homemade broths are so much better for your body and more flavorful. Lots of great tips on how to get the most out of your broths too!!
I think anyone would find this a great addition to their cookbook repertoire. I know I sure do, and I am super picky about which books take up my very limited cookbook shelf space!! Buy your copy here: Ladled.
Here is one of our very favorite soups so far in the book. It is so fast to throw together and so delicious!! Enjoy!
Like Spanish garlic soup? More soup recipes to try:
- My Thai Carrot Soup is a copy cat recipe I created after tasting Whole Foods version years ago!
- Dairy Free Pumpkin Soup is a popular recipe and is enjoyed by many!
- With hidden veggies, this Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup – Instant Pot is a crowd pleaser!
- Ready in under 30, Thai Chicken Soup tastes just like the coconut soup in Thai restaurants!
- Dairy Free Potato Soup has delicious chunks of ham, and warms the soul with its creamy texture.
Spanish Garlic Soup w/ Egg Recipe:
If you whip up this 10 minute soup, be sure to come back and leave a comment below and share your feedback!
Simple Spanish Garlic & Egg Soup
A super simple, flavorful egg soup that will warm you up on a cold Winter's day!
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3-6 cloves garlic roughly chopped or sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary finely minced or 1/2 tablespoon dried
- 4 cups chicken broth or stock, or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika Key! Regular paprika is not the same
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt to taste, depends on if your stock was salted or not!
- 4 large eggs
- 4 pieces preferred bread toasted (optional, we have never done this)
In a medium sized pot, heat the oil until hot.
Add the garlic, rosemary, and a pinch of salt. Sauté for 1-2 minutes until the garlic just begins to brown.
Add stock right away, followed by paprika, oregano, and remaining salt.
Bring to a low simmer over medium heat, turn to low, and simmer for 10 minutes. Taste and add more salt if necessary.
Crack the eggs into the barely simmering soup. Cover, and cook about 4 minutes for soft yolks, 6 minutes for hard.
Line each bowl with a piece of toast if you like, then ladle soup and an egg over the top!
Nutritional facts do not include the bread option
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!