This is one of those meals that you can’t believe takes so little effort and tastes so darn good.
Thai food has always been one of my favorites, and the flavors all shine in this recipe.
On the table in under 30 minutes, busy moms will appreciate the ease of preparing this soup I like that I can keep it low carb, or add noodles for my kids if I want to!
IF you choose to to add noodles, I recommend boiling the noodles separately, but al dente or slightly undercooked. You then add the noodles to individual bowls and pour the hot soup over them. If you store noodles with the soup, they will get too soggy, so store them separately…that is IF there is any left!!
Like soup? Here are some more to try!
- Paleo Thai Carrot Soup
- Paleo Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup – Instant Pot
- Creamy Ham & Potato Chowder (dairy free)
Easy Thai Chicken Soup - Paleo
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk this is my very favorite brand as it has no fillers/thickeners and amazing coconut cream!
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 6 slices FRESH ginger or galangal root about a quarter size each
- 1-2 lemongrass stalks cut into 3rds or 4ths, roughly smashed with a mallet or knife to release the flavor
- 1 pound boned and skinned chicken thighs or breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms I usually do a mix of cremini and shitake!
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or more taste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce my favorite brand!!
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar or 4 drops liquid stevia
- 1-3 teaspoons Thai Chile Garlic Sauce or paste or Sriarcha
- 1/2 cup finely minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- Optional: Lots of veggies would make a good addition to this soup..I love sweet peppers!
In a soup pot, bring the coconut milk, chicken broth, ginger, and lemongrass to a boil.
Add the chicken and mushrooms and simmer until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Remove lemongrass and ginger slices.
Add the remaining ingredients, more or less as you prefer!!
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!