This is one of those really deceiving recipes.
Kind of like the item of clothing you see in the store and swear it will look awful on you: but try it on, and voila! A perfect fit. A match made in heaven.
How can so few ingredients yield anything special? Trust me on this one, this IS a special dish. It is easy to throw together, and creates a pretty fabulous dinner!
Andrea Nguyen hit a home-run again with this recipe. Don’t be deceived by the simple ingredients, it is really delicious and the dipping sauce is a must! I could eat this every week, no problem! My kids gobble it up too.
If you are not accustomed to fish sauce, or think you will hate, try again! Fish sauce is the salt in many Asian cuisines. I am a very finicky fish eater…any sort of fish taste and I head for the hills, really. Even as far as my taste buds have come from my picky beginnings. Fish sauce even smells funkilicious, but once in your food and cooked, it makes dishes truly sing. If you have ever eaten Thai or Vietnamese food, you can bet you have had fish sauce.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, or if you prefer, with skin (lean cuts of meat will not work overly well with this dish)
- ¼ teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons light olive oil
- Dipping Sauce : (adjust to personal preferences, this is enough for 1-2 people):
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 serrano chile, sliced (w/ the seeds will be more spicy, without less so)
- Mix all marinade ingredients together.
- Add in chicken and marinate for at least 3 hours, I usually put it together in the morning or at lunchtime.
- Preheat grill to hot.
- Add chicken, then turn down temp to med-high. You want the meat to be seared.
- When the cooked part of the chicken starts to creep up the sides, flip and grill the other side for an additional couple of minutes.
- Remove from grill and let the meat rest a couple of minutes.
- Slice and serve with sticky rice and dipping sauce!
This recipe was shared on Monday Mania, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Make Your Own Monday, Made from Scratch Monday, Tasty Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday,Gluten Free Wednesday, What’s Cooking Wednesday, Kids in the Kitchen, Whole Foods Wednesdays, This Chick Cooks, Traditional Tuesdays, Real Food Wednesdays, Cast Party Wednesday, Frugal Days Sustainable Ways,Hearth & Soul, Thriving on Thursdays, Full Plate Thursday, Pennywise Platter, Fresh Bites Friday, Fight Back Friday, GAPS Friendly Fridays, Foodie Fridays, Friday Foodie Fight, Friday Foodie Fix,