Here we have a grain free, sugar-free, gluten-free, dairy-free….well pretty much free of everything except eggs and nuts (sunflower seeds and chia eggs take care of THAT too!).
I have made different variations of these multiple times, and I always have them in the oven in under 5 minutes. I was immediately drawn to this recipe for its simplicity and it’s healthy ingredients, and I think you will be too! Of course it earned even more points because I knew I could use my Blentec, which I’ve been using obsessively since acquiring it!
These are the cutest little darn things…give em go, a great kid snack! Not too sweetl, so increase the stevia if you feel necessary, but everyone of the kids I taste-tested these on loved them as is!
Thank you goes to The Sweet Spot for the inspiration here!
Makes about 24 mini muffins @ 78 calories, 3.3g of protein (variable on nut butter you choose),1.3 g sugar (using stevia), 5.1 g carbs, and 5.1 g fat
- 1 cup any nut butter ( I have used cashew, peanut, almond, and sunflower seed. My favorite is cashew)
- 2-3 VERY ripe banana w/ tons of black spots (I have also used some prunes to help sweeten in place of the some of the banana)
- 2 eggs (I have also tried a chia/flax egg, and while very delicious, the texture is more moist and they do not rise as high)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 10 drops liquid vanilla creme stevia, or a a tablespoon or two of honey to taste (optional) This amount here greatly depends on personal taste and the sweetness of your bananas.
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor.
- Blend until well mixed: batter will be sticky.
- Pour batter into a greased mini muffin tins.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 8 minutes or so, slightly longer with chia eggs. I am sure you could use regular muffins too, but you will have to increase the cooking time to 12-15 minutes.
This recipe was shared on My Meatless Mondays, Make Your Own Monday, Natural Living Mondays, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Tasteful Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Hearth & Soul, Traditional Tuesdays, Eco Kids Tuesday, GF Wednesday, Seasonal Celebration Wednesday, Healthy 2Day Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Whole Foods Wednesday, Wildcrafting Wednesday, Wheat Free Wednesday, Full Plate Thursday, Thank Your Body Thursday, Tasty Traditions,Simple Lives Thursday, Pennywise Platter,Wellness Weekend, Fight Back Friday, Fresh Bites Friday, Whole Foods Friday. GF Friday,Healthy Vegan Fridays, Simple Meals Friday,Made From Scratch Monday. Virtual Whole Foods Potluck,