Paleo Dark Chocolate Granola w/ Berries

It's only fair to share...Share on YummlyTweet about this on TwitterShare on StumbleUponShare on FacebookEmail this to someoneShare on Google+Pin on Pinterest

Paleo dark chocolate granola

I have made this recipe SO many times, I knew that I was long overdue in sharing it with you.  It is so incredibly delicious, the perfect marriage of dark chocolate and tart berries, all in a healthy Paleo, GAPS friendly food!

Do not be intimidated by the cook time here.  While there is no instant gratification with this recipe, the actual time required of you is very minimal. Trust me, you must make this.

This granola is a high protein breakfast , or a healthy treat.  I have shared this with many a friend and everyone loves it.  I have to keep my kids at bay too, I am just a  little bit possessive of the end product.  “No, Mommy’s!!!  Mine!  All mine!!”

In my personal opinion, the freeze dried berries are not at all optional.  I get mine at Trader Joes, and use either raspberries or strawberries.

This recipe comes to you from Danielle at Against All Grain.  Danielle has one of my very favorite blogs, I have made countless recipes from her site, and her pictures are always drool worthy.

Head on over to her post for the recipe details.  Here are the adjustments I made:

• I have used a variety of nut  mixes, all good, use what you have on hand!
  • I used 1/4 cup chia meal in place of the flax
  • I reduced the sweetener to 1/3 of cup of honey and added a 1/4 teaspoon of liquid stevia
  • I increased the cocoa powder to 3 generous tablespoons
  • I left the chocolate pieces out to keep it 100% Paleo
  • I have also replaced the egg with chia egg with success for a vegan goodie!
  • I do not own a dehydrator.  I used my oven at 170 degrees, and it took all day to dehydrate.  I have since increased the temp to 250 degrees and it takes around 4 hours, give or take.

Enjoy people. this is CRACK in a healthy suit!

PS: I wish all things were as easy to photograph as chocolate and berries!!

This recipe was shared on   Fat TuesdayTotally Talented TuesdaysTasty Tuesdays Hearth & SoulGluten Free Wednesdays, Waste Not Want NotReal Food Wednesday, Homestead Blog Hop,  Thriving on ThursdaySimple Lives Thursday Pennywise Platter, Foodie Friday, GF Friday, Lets Get Real Friday, Savouring Saturday

Posted in Appetizers & Snacks, Breakfast Tagged with: , , , ,
30 comments on “Paleo Dark Chocolate Granola w/ Berries
  1. kristy @ coconutmama says:

I’ve had my eye on this recipe for a long time. So thankful for the oven tips! And I am also a little (just a little) possessive over certain foods too. :)

2. Danielle says:

now you’re making me desperate to make a batch!!

3. Cassidy @ Cooking Gluten (& Dairy) Free says:

This looks so good! I have to make this immediately!!!

4. Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy says:

healthy crack?! sign me up! haha sounds delish!

5. amber says:

Hey Tessa,

This recipe looks amazing! You know Scott would eat a gallon of this in the morning. Granola and Chocolate are his favorites. :-)

6. Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry says:

Crack Granola-I want this over homemade yogurt :) MMM-YUM!

7. Carol, SImply Gluten Free says:

Looks AMAZING! I agree, don’t think the freeze dried berries should be optional either!

8. France @ Beyond The Peel says:

Chocolate for breakfast. Yeah that sound alright to me.

9. Kammie @ Sensual Appeal says:

Wow this is some beautiful photography, I love the combination of pink, chocolatey, and white in the photos. And I guess you already know how delicious this looks. I have chocolate for breakfast and I am not ashamed! :)

I saw this post on Slightly Indulgent. I shared an apple protein donuts recipe, I’d love for you to check out as well :)

10. Judy @Savoring Today says:

I have a hard time eating chocolate for breakfast, I just don’t care for something sweet in the morning, but this would definitely be in the snack category for me! Yummy flavors! Thank you for sharing on Hearth & Soul Hop. :)

I would just love this Granola, it looks like a real treat. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.

12. Lea H @ Nourishing Treasures says:

Thank you for your submission on Nourishing Treasures’ Make Your Own! Monday link-up.

Check back tomorrow when the new link-up is running to see if you were one of the top 3 featured posts! :)

13. Amanda @Natural Living Mamma says:

Mmmm this really is becoming one of my favorite recipe sites. I need to stop reading these at night when I want a snack! Thanks for sharing on Natural Living Monday!

14. Amanda @Natural Living Mamma says:

15. Cindy (Vegetarian Mamma) says:

YUMMY! got this tweeted and pinned! I also voted for you today!

16. Rachel @ day2day joys says:

Tessa, all I have to say is Yum and your pictures are gorgeous!

And thank you so much for linking up with Healthy 2day Wednesdays as always! Hope you have a blessed week and hope you’ll be linking up this week! I also wanted to let you know we are looking for another person to co-host H2W’s with us if you are interested! (just email me!)

17. Heidi says:

Oh, my goodness! That looks heavenly. It’s like dessert for breakfast. If you haven’t already, I’d love for you to visit my Gluten-Free Monday party at and link up this and any other GF idea you would like to share. I hope to see you there.

18. Marla says:

Great recipe – one I will have to save. Healthy and tasty and who doesn’t like chocolate YUM! Visiting from Wildcrafting Wednesday Blog Hop! Have a healthy wonderful day!
    Marla recently posted…“5 More Superfoods For Super Health!”My Profile

19. Crack in a healthy suit! It sure sounds like it!
    Heather @Gluten-Free Cat recently posted…Raw Foods Thursdays: 1/23/14My Profile

20. Karly says:

Hi Tessa!

I am featuring your recipe in this week’s Tasty Tuesdays! Woo!
    I hope you stop by and linkup again this week.

21. Maureen says:

Looks like you get two features at Tasty Tuesdays this week! I am also featuring at Red Cottage Chronicles! Chocolate Granola….yum!
    Maureen recently posted…Tasty Tuesdays!My Profile

22. Raia says:

Now this is my kind of breakfast! 😉 Thanks so much for sharing it at Savoring Saturdays, Tessa!

23. vegetarianmamma (Cindy) says:

Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays Party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :) I can’t wait to see what you share next time!

24. Thanks for sharing your tips on making this recipe, Tessa. My husband eats granola every day, I really ought to give this recipe a go :) Thanks for sharing this on Waste Not Want Not Wednesday, I’ve pinned it.
    Danielle @ Ppor and Gluten Free recently posted…Cheap, Gluten Free Fish Soup in 15 Minutes (soy free option +Meatless Monday) + Buying Ocean-Friendly FishMy Profile