I was inspired by Tammy Credicott’s Paleo Indulgences recipe…I had made something similar before, and her book reminded me!! You will love these beautiful candies and have fun coming up with your own variations.
INGREDIENT NOTE: In this recipe, I have used some unsweetened chocolate to further reduce the sugar and make an exceptionally dark chocolate. You can use any chocolate you like….milk, semisweet, dark, or homemade! It will all work…do it to your sweet preference!
- 9 ounces dark chocolate
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate (this reduces the sugar content further for an extra dark chocolate. For a low carb version, you could use ALL unsweetened chocolate and sweeten to taste using stevia and erythritol.
- 1 teaspoon palm shortening or coconut oil
- 1½ cups toasted nuts of choice (I used whole almonds)
- ½ cup whole dried cranberries or cherries, to taste
- Coarse sea salt
- Melt your chocolate and palm shortening. I use a microwave or the stove top. It is important when using a microwave not to burn your chocolate and cause it to seize. I heat for 1 minute and 30 seconds, and if necessary, additional 30 second increments. Refer to the picture below to notice how there are still visible chunks of chocolate, but some visible melted chocolate as well. From here, you continue to stir it until smooth and fully melted.
- Stir in our nuts and fruit of choice. There should be no additional chocolate pooling in the bottom of the bowl, add more nuts and fruit if necessary.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto a wax paper or parchment lined cookie sheet. I use my beloved silicon baking sheets! Shape as necessary.
- Sprinkle with a touch of coarse sea salt.
- Place the pan into the freezer to hasten hardening.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!