A creamy low-carb, keto, vegan, Whole 30 and Paleo diet friendly breakfast! This Paleo porridge will satisfy on any cold morning you need warming up!
Anyone on a Paleo diet knows this feeling: I want something besides eggs and vegetables for breakfast!! So what is the answer?!! Paleo porridge!!
Someone, who knows how long ago ( ?!) came up with a brilliant idea: porridge made from soaked nuts! I have seen more versions than I can shake a stick at, and they’re all variations on the same thing. Here is my version of Paleo porridge!
Creamy, nutty, rich, and oh so filling…you will be surprised how good Paleo porridge can taste AND how a little of it can carry you through your entire morning.
A note on nuts:
I have discovered in my venture with this diet that I don’t do well with lots of nuts and seeds. I am currently experimenting with soaking the nuts to see if my body likes them anymore this way…this recipe is a reflection of that.
Want some more Paleo breakfast ideas? Try some of my other recipes!
- ½ cup soaked pecans(or a mixture of your preferred nuts). I put some in a bowl overnight if I do not have on hand. I have done this with part macadamia nuts, dreamy!
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter (please refer to link above on how to easily make your own)
- ½ very ripe banana (a soakedmedjool date would be another great option!)
- 2 teaspoons real maple syrup (omit for Whole 30)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- If nuts are soaked, drain, and discard soaking water.
- In a blender, place all the ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Mixture will be thin. If you do not have a high powered blender the nuts will need to be soaked and NOT dehydrated.
- Place mixture into a small saucepan over medium low heat.
- Heat gently until thick and creamy. Serve.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!