I have made this salad more times than I can count. It was a salad we had picked up at our local deli one night for an easy side to our BBQ. I loved the combo, but hated that everything felt drenched in dressing! I knew I wanted to recreate it healthier..so on the hunt I went for inspiration. We could eat this all the time. It is fresh, travels well, and keeps well in the fridge for several days. A perfect picnic food too!
- ¼ cup allowed mayonnaise, I used my own homemade
- ¼ cup allowed sour cream or yogurt (I used So Delicious Plain Yogurt)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar, or equivalent of stevia powder
- 12 oz broccoli florets, and peeled broccoli stalks
- 4-5 pieces bacon, cooked & crumbled (my favorite is Trader Joe's applewood smoked, nitrate free)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Either chop the broccoli small, or pulse it a few times in a food processor. I prefer this over larger florets.
- In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients, and dressing to taste.
- Store in the refrigerator!
This recipe was shared @ Creative Corner Monday, Lunchbox Love, Fight Back Fridays, Pennywise Platter,Thriving on Thursdays, Sugar Free Sunday, Gluten Free Wednesday, What’s Cooking Wednesday, These Chicks Cook, Whole Food Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday,Traditional Tuesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, Fat Tuesday, Things That make You MMM, Hunk of Meat Monday, Melt In your Mouth Monday, Monday Mania,Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!