I have made this salad more times than I can count. It was a salad we had picked up at our local deli one night for an easy side to our BBQ. I loved the combo, but hated that everything felt drenched in dressing! I knew I wanted to recreate it healthier..so on the hunt I went for inspiration. We could eat this all the time. It is fresh, travels well, and keeps well in the fridge for several days. A perfect picnic food too!
- ¼ cup allowed mayonnaise, I used my own homemade
- ¼ cup allowed sour cream or yogurt (I used So Delicious Plain Yogurt)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar, or equivalent of stevia powder
- 12 oz broccoli florets, and peeled broccoli stalks
- 4-5 pieces bacon, cooked & crumbled (my favorite is Trader Joe's applewood smoked, nitrate free)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Either chop the broccoli small, or pulse it a few times in a food processor. I prefer this over larger florets.
- In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients, and dressing to taste.
- Store in the refrigerator!
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!