Fresh broccoli bursting with flavor, and ready in less than 10? In a veggie rut and want something a little more zangy? This side dish was born of these two desires. I get SO sick of plain old steamed broccoli and wanted to way to flavor it up and and make it sing. You will love this simple, flavorful side!
- 1 pound broccoli florets, and the peeled and diced stalks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- ¼ teaspoon (or more to taste) garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons grated pecorino romano (we seem to tolerate sheep's milk cheeses in moderation here, but this is delicious without this as well!)
- Steam the broccoli for 2-3 minutes, until barely tender and quite crunchy.
- Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet.
- Add in the chili flakes and saute for 30 seconds to a minute until fragrant.
- Toss in the broccoli, sprinkle with the salt, and quickly stir up to mix the flavors.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle the cheese over the top and serve!
- Add more garlic salt if you like.
This recipe was shared on Sugar Free Sundays, Monday Mania, Things That Make You MMM, Real Food Mondays, Better Mom’s Monday Linky, Scrumptious Sundays, Wellness Weekends, Pennywise Platter, Sugar Free Sundays, My Meatless Monday, Melt In Your Mouth Monday, Make Your Own Monday, Real Food 101, Mix It Up Monday, Better Mom’s Monday Linky, Just Another Meatless Monday, Creative Corner, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Hearth & Soul, Traditional Tuesdays, These Chicks Cooked, Whole Foods Wednesday, Frugal Days Sustainable Ways, Real Food Wednesday, What’s Cooking Wednesday, Cast Party Wednesday, Freaky Fridays, Fresh Bites Friday,