Swoon!! Silky, creamy, fudgey goodness that is actually healthy for you! This is one quick dessert that will send your tastebuds straight to chocolate heaven, and is is perfect for these summer months when many are loathe to turn on the heat to cook ANYTHING! Quick, easy, and ridiculously smooth and chocolaty. You can garnish with any fresh fruit of the season and a dollop of your favorite whipped coconut cream, or some roasted coconut meat!
Here are some links to some of my favorite ingredients in this recipe: Nu Naturals Liquid Stevia, Dagoba Cocoa Powder (not raw). I still get my my raw cashews for $6.99/pound at Trader Joe’s, and my coconut oil for $5.99 at the same! I am looking in to getting my paws on some organic raw cashews soon! Any of you have any great places you like to shop for good deals on natural groceries?!
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked for a couple of hours minumum, strained
- ¾ cup canned coconut milk (I used light)
- ½ cup berries of choice (I used a frozen cherry/raspberry/blueberry combo)
- ½ cup softened coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons cacao powder
- ¼ cup honey
- 8 drops liquid stevia (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients into a high powered blender or food processor.
- Puree until super smooth and no fruit pieces are detectable. This will happen in one high powered blender cycle, and longer with a food processor. Let your tastebuds tell you…think silky!
- Be sure to taste for sweetness. Since cutting out cane sugar, I use much less sweetener than I used to, so again, taste to make sure it is what YOU are looking for!
This recipe is shared on Ingredient Challenge Monday, Allergy Friendly Friday, Sugar Free Sunday, Seasonal Celebration Sunday, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, My Meatless Monday, Monday Mania, Make Your Own Monday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Traditional Tuesdays, Hearth & Soul, Healthy 2Day, Gluten Free Wednesday, Cast Party Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Whole Foods Wednesday, Frugal days Sustainable Ways, Kids in the Kitchen,Keep It Real Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday, Pennywise Platter, Home is Where the Heart Is, Wellness Weekend, Freaky Friday, Full Plate Thursday, Fresh Bites Friday, Fight Back Friday, Foodie Friday, GAPS Friendly Friday, GFE Virtual GF Support Group, Raw Foods Thursday,