I adore citrus, in all its forms! This smoothie was created to make a complete meal bursting with lots of lemon flavor. I tinkered with the recipe multiple times to get it just right, and now I get to share it with you!
Tangy, fresh lemon flavor with a creamy profile, if you love lemon cheesecake, this is the smoothie for you!
For other full meal smoothies, check out some of my other recipes:
- This recipe calls for coconut butter or coconut oil. The healthy fats give ou energy and staying power. I use my own homemade coconut butter, but you can also purchase it in the store or online.
- For a nut free version, I use a high quality grass-fed gelatin for the protein, I recommend Great Lakes. Gelatin is a super food and great for assisting in the healing damaged guts!!
BLENDER NOTE: I use my BlendTec for this smoothie. A high powered blender will be necessary to pulverize the whole lemon. If you do not have one, zest the lemon instead and add the seeded pulp. It won’t be quite as lemony, but still delicious! I also recommend soaking the raw cashews if you are using a regular blender!
- 1 cup favorite non-dairy milk (I use coconut)
- ¼ cup plain yogurt (I use So Delicious Plain Coconut Milk Yogurt)
- ¼ cup frozen butternut squash or pumpkin cubes
- 1 lemon, washed, chunked, and seeded
- ½ ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons raw cashews or 1 tablespoon gelatin for a nut-free variation
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter or oil
- Stevia or honey to taste (I use around 8 drops usually)
- Place all ingredients into a high powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy. (see above notes for regular blenders)
This recipe was shared on Wellness Weekend, Whole Foods Friday, GF Friday, Make Your Own Monday, Natural Living Monday, Mostly Homemade Mondays, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Fat Tuesdays, Tasteful Tuesday, Hearth & Soul, Traditional Tuesdays, Eco Kids Tuesday, GF Wednesday, Well Fed Wednesday, Healthy 2Day Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Whole Foods Wednesday, Thank Your Body Thursday, Raw Foods Thursday, Tasty Traditions, Pennywise Platter, Simple Meals Friday, From the Farm, Healthy Vegan Fridays, Alive & Thrive Thursday,