Yield – 1 dozen regular muffins. Using half stevia, each muffin has 223 calories, 12.2 g fat, 23.4 g carbs, 3.4 g fiber, 1.8 g sugar, 3.7 g protein.
Oatmeal Muffins, Gluten Free & Vegan
- 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour or teff flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- or omit flours and gum for 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 tablespoons ground flax or 1.5 tablespoons chia meal
- 1 teaspoon grain-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats regular or quick
- Optional: 1/2 cup raisins and 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Spectrum Shortening allowed butter, or softened coconut oil
- 3/4 cup palm sugar brown sugar. I replace half the sugar with a stevia equivalent.
- 1 egg 2 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Replacer whisked with 2 tablespoons warm liquid, or 1 tablespoon chia meal
- 3/4 cup applesauce they have organic at Costco now!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In your mixer bowl, place all dry ingredients minus the oatmeal, and mix on low.
Add your fat in and let it break up for a couple minutes, and increase the speed to mix thoroughly.
When things look well blended, add in your wet, waiting to add the oats until all is well mixed.
Add in raisins and cinnamon if desired.
Pour batter into greased muffin tin,
Bake for 18-20 minutes.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!