Wholesome gluten free pumpkin muffins with the addition of hemp hearts and oats all done in the convenience of a food processor! As an added bonus, I have a dairy and egg free option too if you choose!
I never imagined this recipe would quickly become a favorite of every member of my household. Invariably, one loves something and the other won’t touch it….typical kids!!
I have tried to learn to have ZERO expectations and whatever they decide, they decide. But a wholesome gluten free pumpkin muffin is such an easy snack if I CAN find one they all enjoy. Aren’t kids good for teaching us things (frowny mom face, grr!)??!
But these wholesome muffins get scarfed down so quickly by every member of the house.
I love that they are low in sugar and high in fiber. My kids and husband however, like that they taste good…the health part likely NOT their top priority (SHOCK!).
New to hemp seeds or wondering how to cook with them?
I like to add hemp hearts to my recipes for their great nutrition. High in fiber, healthy fats, and omegas. Here is an article that will convince you to add more of these tasty seeds anywhere you can!!
- They are super simple to throw into any baked goods…whole, or ground into a powder with a blender or food processor (like in these gluten free muffins!). They are nice and soft, so they blend very easily into a flour like powder.
- As a salad topper, they add a nice crunch
- Mixed into smoothies (here is vegan lemon cheesecake smoothie!)
- Whirred in your blender to make hemp milk! Here is a hemp milk recipe you could try!
Go ahead moms, see if your family wolfs these quick wholesome gluten free muffins down as fast as mine!
More wholesome gluten free muffins:
- Paleo 5 Minute Muffins
- Banana Chocolate Muffins – Gluten Free & Vegan
- Paleo Chocolate Butternut Muffins
- Or another muffin starring hemp, Paleo Chocolate Hemp Zucchini Bread
Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins Recipe:
If you try these quick pumpkin muffins, please come back a leave a comment!
Pumpkin Oat Hemp Muffins - Gluten Free | Vegan
Wholesome pumpkin muffins done all in your food processor for a quick and healthy snack!
- 1 cup pumpkin either from the can or make your own
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt OR plant milk curdled with the vinegar (mix and set aside a few minutes). I've used almond milk
- 2 large eggs 1/4 cup water mixed w/ 1 tablespoon psyllium powder OR gelatin
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil optional
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Add In Options:
- Chocolate chips, grated orange peel, fresh or dried cranberries, cinnamon, chopped nuts, flax meal
Mix the milk of choice with the vinegar and set aside to curdle a bit if doing a vegan version.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and prepare 12 muffin tins with grease or paper baking liners.
In the bowl of a food processor (I LOVE mine and use it all the time!), place all the dry ingredients and process to a fine powder.
Once everything is like a flour, add in all the wet ingredients, pulsing multiple times to blend. If the mixture seems a bit thin, let it rest a couple minutes to absorb a bit of the liquid....it's ok to add some flax meal or additional oats if needed.....
Pulse in any add ins you prefer.
Fill muffin tins 2/3 full, and bake in a preheated oven for 15-18 minutes. Tops should be set and not squishy.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!