All the flavors of your favorite pumpkin pie in a nutrient dense smoothie ready in 5 minutes! The green pumpkin smoothie is a full meal that will satisfy for hours!
With loads of fiber, protein, and good taste, this paleo green pumpkin pie smoothie makes a nutritious breakfast!
Fall is always about all variety of winter squash and pumpkin in my kitchen. I grow as many varieties as I can fit in my small yard and stock up at all the local farmer’s markets and pumpkin farms.
And why not?!! Pumpkin and winter squash can be incredibly delicious if chosen well and prepared properly.
Fresh pumpkin puree for this green pumpkin smoothie…tips!
- Just like any fruit or vegetable….if you do not pick a good one, the taste can be ho hum…or worse, kind of gross.
- One of my current favorites is “Sweet Meat.” It is a huge, dense winter squash that has a lovely sweet flavor and produces a TON of puree for recipes with just one squash (apx 10 cups give or take).
- You can read my post all about making your own pumpkin puree and choosing the bests varieties for eating.
- If you want the minimum amount of work…choose a super large, dense, and very sweet squash which will make a lot of puree for you to enjoy with a minimal amount of prep and work! I fill mason jars with extra and store in the freezer (don’t forget to leave room for expansion!)
- TRUST ME. The canned varieties of pumpkin and squash can be strong and bitter tasting and THEY CAN NOT HOLD A CANDLE TO FRESH PUREE!!! Avoid Farmer’s Market brand, it is consistently strong tasting to me.
I will get off my pumpkin high box now. Promise.
This smoothie is nutritious and filling and celebrates the favorite flavor of pumpkin pie.
Smoothies are always easily adaptable and flexible. Share your tweaks!!
Additional pumpkin puree recipes
If you want to find other ways to enjoy some pumpkin in your life, be sure to check out some of my 30 + recipes that include pumpkin!!
- This healthy green smoothie look like another bang up way to start your morning!
- My Paleo Pumpkin Cranberry Smoothie combines all of the best fall produce into one, delicious, and nutrition loaded meal!
- I love my Paleo Pumpkin Pie Smoothie. Just like a pumpkin pie in smoothie form!
If you love the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric, check out all these turmeric smoothies!
Paleo Green Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe:
If you make this wholesome breakfast, be sure to come back and leave a comment below!
Paleo Green Pumpkin Smoothie
Wholesome and filling, this nutrient rich pumpkin green smoothie is delicious AND good for you!
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 handful ice cubes optional, to make colder only
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 2/3 cup FRESH pumpkin puree use less to start if you used the canned variety...it is not nearly as sweet and can overpower the flavor of the smoothie. In particular, I have NOT had good luck with the Farmer's Market brand)
- 2 medjool dates very soft, or soaked in water to soften
- 1/4 cup coconut milk from the can, or any full fat milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons collagen use code 'tessa10" for an additional 10% off any order
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Stevia or honey to taste, use honey for AIP
Optional protein boosters:
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese or allowed greek yogurt 2 tablespoons raw cashews (omit for AIP unless you are using coconut milk kefir or yogurt)
Place all ingredients in order in a high powered blender (I have Blend Tec) and blend until smooth.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!
Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe of green pumpkin pie smoothie with us. The use of spinach with pumpkin and ginger has many healthy benefits. It is also high on taste as it includes coconut milk, cinnamon and honey.
Eileen @ Phoenix Helix says
Hi Tessa. Thanks for the detailed AIP notes on this recipe. I highlighted this smoothie as one of my favorites at this week’s AIP Recipe Roundtable!
This year has been the first time that I’ve actually made my own pumpkin puree – canned pumpkin is really hard to source in the UK – and now that I have I don’t think I’ll be able to go back to buying the canned stuff again. You’re right, it’s just sooo much better in every way. Love this recipe – it sounds so filling and delicious!
What a great smoothie recipes. Sure is filled with a wealth of health. Thanks for sharing on Real Food Fridays. Pinned & tweeted.
This sounds really filling and nutritious. Thanks for linking with #freefromfridays
Andrea Wyckoff says
This pumpkin smoothie sounds amazing! Such a brilliant idea to make a green smoothie so full of pumpkin cheer! I can’t wait to make this!
This is a classic Tessa recipe!!! I love this my friend. And you know we share a love of the sweet pumpkin (and all winter squash). Believe it or not, I’ve never purchased a sweet meet…but now I will!!
Tessa Simpson says
Yes Amber…you know me and my full meal packed smoothies!!I am having so much fun this year discovering new heirloom varieties of squash and pumpkins to try at the farmer’s market, I have 4 new varieties sitting on my porch waiting to be baked up for a taste test!!