All the flavors of your favorite pumpkin pie in a nutrient dense smoothie ready in 5 minutes! The green pumpkin smoothie is a full meal that will satisfy for hours!
With loads of fiber, protein, and good taste, this paleo green pumpkin pie smoothie makes a nutritious breakfast!
Fall is always about all variety of winter squash and pumpkin in my kitchen. I grow as many varieties as I can fit in my small yard and stock up at all the local farmer’s markets and pumpkin farms.
And why not?!! Pumpkin and winter squash can be incredibly delicious if chosen well and prepared properly.
Pumpkins for eating, tips!
- Just like any fruit or vegetable….if you do not pick a good one, the taste can be ho hum…or worse, kind of gross.
- One of my current favorites is “Sweet Meat”. A huge, dense winter squash that has a lovely sweet flavor and produces a TON of puree for recipes with just one squash (apx 10 cups give or take).
- You can read my post all about baking your own squash and choosing the bests kinds for eating.
- If you want the minimum amount of work…choose a super large, dense, and very sweet squash which will make a lot of puree for you to enjoy with a minimal amount of prep and work! I fill mason jars with extra and store in the freezer (don’t forget to leave room for expansion!)
- TRUST ME. The canned varieties of pumpkin and squash can be strong and bitter tasting and THEY CAN NOT HOLD A CANDLE TO FRESH PUREE!!! Avoid Farmer’s Market brand, it is consistently strong tasting to me.
I will get off my pumpkin high box now. Promise.
This smoothie is nutritious and filling and celebrates the favorite flavor of pumpkin pie.
Smoothies are always easily adaptable and flexible. Share your tweaks!!
If you want to find other ways to enjoy some pumpkin in your life, be sure to check out some of my over 30 recipes that include pumpkin!!
- This healthy green smoothie look like another bang up way to start your morning!
- Paleo Pumpkin Cranberry Smoothie
- Paleo Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Paleo Green Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe:
Paleo Green Pumpkin Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 Handful ice cubes
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 2/3 cup FRESH pumpkin puree use less to start if you used the canned variety...it is not nearly as sweet and can overpower the flavor of the smoothie. In particular, I have NOT had good luck with the Farmer's Market brand)
- 2 medjool dates very soft, or soaked in water to soften
- 1/4 cup FULL FAT canned coconut milk or any full fat milk of choice
- 3 tablespoons cold soluable gelatin I like Great Lakes green can, or Vital Proteins blue can
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Stevia or honey to taste, use honey for AIP
Optional protein boosters:
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese or allowed greek yogurt 2 tablespoons raw cashews (omit for AIP unless you are using coconut milk kefir or yogurt)
Place all ingredients in order in a high powered blender (I have Blend Tec) and blend until smooth.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!