This is seriously, probably the easiest dinner to pull off. TWO INGREDIENTS and some seasoning? No cutting? No chopping? Crock-pot or Instant Pot?
Additionally, it’s gluten free, Whole30 compliant, Paleo, keto. and dairy free!
With so many obvious perks, I am IN! And I hope you are too!
We make this for another filling variety for taco night. Tender, flavorful pork shredding apart with fork’s touch and a delicate flavor that even my spice averse kids gobble up.
I love taco nights, because it means we get to have taco leftovers the next day…and my kids gobble their lunchbox wraps up in a heart beat.
What cut of pork is best for this crock pot pulled pork recipe?
In this case, you will want a piece of pork that has some marbling (fat).
You could consider a pork butt roast, a shoulder roast, and pork stew meat.
A pork loin roast is much leaner. So while it will work, it will not be quite as flavorful or tender.
Stove top pulled pork?
I have done this recipe on the stove (2-4 hours), depending on the size of pork pieces.
Simply add the ingredients, along with a couple cups of broth. Simmer on low, covered, for 2-4 hours until the pork is falling apart. The liquid can be simmered off towards the end to concentrate the flavors if you like.
Can I make this in the Instant Pot?
I now use my beloved Instant Pot frequently for this recipe!
- If you cut the pork shoulder roast into quarters so the pieces are a tad smaller, set your cook time to 60 minutes.
- Optionally, you can develop even more flavor and brown some of the pieces. To do this, hit ‘sauté’ and once hot, add a tablespoon of avocado oil, and add a single layer of pork to the pot, careful not to crowd (as then the pieces of pork will steam and not brown and develop a crust). After a nice crust forms, turn to the other side and continue.
- Add the salsa and set your Instant Pot to ‘manual’ or ‘pressure cook’ and adjust time for 45 minutes. A full roast NOT cut into smaller pieces will take longer (90 minutes). If you do a quick release, and the pork is not falling apart and shredding with the touch of a fork, lock the lid back on and add some more time.
Serving suggestions for crock pot pulled pork
- This meat would go great served on a bed of my Instant Pot pinto beans and rice.
- Use as a filling to my Oven Baked Gluten Free Chimichangas.
- Fresh crunchy salad, diced tomatoes, fresh salsa and avocados….mmmMM GOOD! Try my chipotle vinaigrette for a dressing.
- Serve atop a low carb slaw, try my spicy slaw as a base!
- My family loves cilantro lime rice!
More gluten free Instant Pot and crockpot meals?
- My Instant Pot Chicken Adobo is super simple with just a couple of ingredients!
- The family will love this cheesy bacon infused chowder with hidden veggies: Keto Instant Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Any touch cut of beef will work well in my Instant Pot cube steaks.
- This Instant Pot Greek chicken and rice looks flavorful!
- Crockpot honey lime chicken look easy!
Crock Pot Pulled Pork Recipe:
If you try this easy pulled pork recipe, be sure to come back and leave your feedback below in the comments!
Crock Pot 2 Ingredient Pulled Pork
With almost zero prep or hands on time, you can throw a roast in your crockpot and come back to tender, irresistible pulled pork!
- 3 pounds pork shoulder roast I have used shoulder, butt, and pork stew meats, whatever is on sale.
- 12 ounces green salsa (really any salsa)!, we use Trader Joe's Salsa Verde
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1-2 teaspoons black pepper
Optional spice rub
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
You may elect to brown the seasoned pork pieces in a separate cast iron pan with some avocado oil. Optional.
Place the seasoned pork in the slow cooker, pour the salsa over the top.
Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low 6-8 hours. Pork should be fall part tender.
Instant Pot Directions in the post above.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!