Muffins with: NO refined sugar, NO starches, and that have fruits, vegetables, AND whole grains?! This is one muffin you’ve got to try!
Another creation to get healthy foods into my son’s belly! As if it wasn’t enough that he had an exorbitant number of sensitivities, on top of all THAT, he’s p.i.c.k.y about whole (non-pureed) foods! I am so sick of feeding him baby food, and at 18 months, he is more than ready to be using those chompers he worked so hard to get in!
Not only were these a hit with him (minus the chocolate of course!)…the rest of us went nutzo over these moist muffins too! We know YOU will too, so put your bakers hat on and whip up a batch of healthy goodness for YOUR family OR just yourself!
Makes about 1 dozen muffins
- Wet Mix Ingredients:
- 1½ cup homemade pumpkin puree (or one can), room temp to not harden coconut oil
- ½ cup honey, or maple syrup
- ½ cup applesauce (room temp to not harden coconut oil)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil or other oil
- ¼ cup palm sugar (or other granulated sugar)
- ¼ cup chia meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Dry Mix:
- 1½ cup gluten free oat flour (make you own by whirring rolled oats in a spice/coffee grinder)
- ½ cup sorghum flour (millet or brown rice would work too)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips, or raisins, or dried cranberries (or more to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease a 12 cup muffin tin or line with muffin liners.
- Mix the wet mix ingredients together.
- Place the dry mix ingredients, in order, on top of the wet mix. Gently whisk the dry ingredients a bit and then stir vigorously to blend well.
- Pour into a prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes until tops are just set, and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean!
This recipe was shared on Sugar-Free Sunday, Fight Back Fridays, Allergy Friendly Fridays, Pennywise Platter, Whole Foods Wednesdays, Fat Tuesday, Gluten Free Wednesdays, Traditional Tuesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Superfood Sunday, Hearth & Soul, Tasty Tuesday, My Meatless Monday, Monday Mania, Wellness Weekends, GFE Sept Gluten Free Support Group, Keep It Real Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday, Pennywise Platter,Fresh Bites Friday, GF Fridays, Freaky Friday, Healthy Vegan Fridays, Fight Back Friday, Whole Foods Friday, Fill Those Jars Friday, Sugar free Sunday, Seasonal Celebration Sundays, Monday Mania, My Meatless Monday, Make Your Own Monday, Natural Living Monday, GF Monday, Tasty Tuesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday! Potluck Party Pumpkin,