A beautifully flavorful pasta sauce in the convenience of your blender!!
This was another recipe I was drawn to as it used my Blendtec, and required no special effort on my part. I am not sure why I hadn’t thought of it before, but this recipe is beautiful to look at, beautiful in it’s simplicity, and a lot of fun to play around with.
Roasting vegetables brings out all the lovely sweetness and fills your home with a heavenly, savory perfume.
Have fun, this is a great basic recipe to personalize and play with! Use as you would any jar of pasta sauce: over a bed of any noodle, in a lasagne, as a base for a soup.
Ingredients to play with in the sauce: butternut squash, capers, red wine, balsamic vinegar, fresh basil, eggplant, winter greens, spinach, and zucchini/summer squash. Maybe even some diced bacon!
For a straight tomato sauce: I use solely tomatoes, onions, garlic, seasonings, and a bit of tomato paste to taste.
Yield: About 4 cups sauce
Here are some recipes that you could use this amazing sauce in:
- Paleo Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
- Mom’s Lasagna (Gluten & Dairy Free)
- Gluten & Egg Free Chicken Parmesan
- Toss all the vegetables and herbs of choice with the avocado oil.
- Roast in a 350 degree oven for about 45-60 minutes until vegetables are tender and sweet.
- Place the whole kit and kaboodle (in two batches if necessary) into the blender, I blended for about 2 minutes. If using afood processor, process until creamy and the tomato peels are undetectable., probably about 5 minutes.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!