I love simple. I love flavorful, bursting in in your mouth flavor. I love recipes the kids AND the adults can get just as excited about!! I love this recipe! It is just as delicious warm or cold and packs well for summer excursions. Forget that KFC, make something you can feel good about feeding your family!
I especially love the afternoons where I realize I have this in the fridge ready to go and my dinner is handled with minimal effort!
- 3 pounds chicken pieces ( I used drumsticks because they are the most affordable)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard (or any mustard)
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large whole lemon, zest & juice
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a large ziploc bag or glass container large enough to accommodate all your chicken.
- Add in the chicken, mixing to ensure all pieces get covered.
- Place the mixture in a the fridge and marinate for a full day or longer. Remember, the longer you marinate, the stronger the flavor!
- When you are ready to roast, remove the chicken from the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the chicken on a large cookie sheet, and roast for about 45 minutes until the skin is golden and the the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced with a knife.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!