I love simple. I love flavorful, bursting in in your mouth flavor. I love recipes the kids AND the adults can get just as excited about!! I love this recipe! It is just as delicious warm or cold and packs well for summer excursions. Forget that KFC, make something you can feel good feeding your family!
I especially love the afternoons where I realize I have this in the fridge ready to go and my dinner is handled with minmal effort!
- 3 pounds chicken pieces ( I used drumsticks because they are the most affordable)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard (or any mustard)
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large whole lemon, zest & juice
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a large ziploc bag or glass container large enough to accommodate all your chicken.
- Add in the chicken, mixing to ensure all pieces get covered.
- Place the mixture in a the fridge and marinate for a full day or longer. Remember, the longer you marinate, the stronger the flavor!
- When you are ready to roast, remove the chicken from the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the chicken on a large cookie sheet, and roast for about 45 minutes until the skin is golden and the the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced with a knife.
This recipe was shared on Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Traditional Tuesday, Hearth & Soul, Gluten Free Wednesday, What’s Cooking Wednesday, Healthy 2 day Wednesday, Whole Foods Wednesday, These Chicks Cooked, Cast Party Wednesday, Frugal Days Sustainable Ways, Kids in the Kitchen, Full Plate Thursday, Thriving on Thursday, Pennywise Platter, Fight Back Friday, GAPS Friendly Friday, Sugar Free Sunday, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Monday Mania, Seasonal Celebration,