I love simple. I love flavorful, bursting in in your mouth flavor. I love recipes the kids AND the adults can get just as excited about!! I love this recipe! It is just as delicious warm or cold and packs well for summer excursions. Forget that KFC, make something you can feel good about feeding your family!
I especially love the afternoons where I realize I have this in the fridge ready to go and my dinner is handled with minimal effort!
- 3 pounds chicken pieces ( I used drumsticks because they are the most affordable)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard (or any mustard)
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large whole lemon, zest & juice
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a large ziploc bag or glass container large enough to accommodate all your chicken.
- Add in the chicken, mixing to ensure all pieces get covered.
- Place the mixture in a the fridge and marinate for a full day or longer. Remember, the longer you marinate, the stronger the flavor!
- When you are ready to roast, remove the chicken from the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the chicken on a large cookie sheet, and roast for about 45 minutes until the skin is golden and the the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced with a knife.
This recipe was shared on Make Your Own Mondays, Natural Living Mondays, Mostly Homemade Mondays, GF Tuesdays, Tasteful Tuesdays, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Tips & Tricks Tuesday, Traditional Tuesday, Hearth & SOul, Fat Tuesday, GF Wednesday, Waste Not Want Not, Whole Foods Wednesday, Real Foods Wednesday, Healthy 2Day Wednesday, Wildcrafting Wednesday, Frugal Days Sustainable Ways, Thank Your Body Thursday, Tasty Traditions, Simple Lives Thursday, Pennywise Platter, GF Fridays, Whole Foods Friday, Simple Meals Friday,Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!