Green beans are one of my very favorite vegetables, and when summer hits, I have beans coming out my ears! Where I could eat them most nights very happily, my husband cringes at the idea of yet another night of beans (and in the Spring, he has a similar feeling about asparagus!) What is one to do?! He picked a woman who will always shop in-season for taste and economy, and quite frankly, fresh, in-season produce can’t be beat!
This simple side marries the very best flavors of summer (or at least three of them!). Beans, basil, and cherry tomatoes are staples in my garden, and I absolutely LOVE sending the kids out to harvest the goodies for dinner. This recipe came about as a way to use up my garden’s bounty. I love this preparation, and I can bet you will too!
- 1 pound green beans, washed and snapped (tips and stems removed)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes (or more to taste)
- 3 tablespoons ghee, or allowed butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 drops liquid stevia or 1 teaspoon sugar
- Steam your green beans until crisp tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- In a pan over medium heat, melt your ghee.
- Add in the tomatoes, basil, salt, and stevia.
- Saute gently for about a minute or two to release the tomato juices.
- Remove from the heat, and toss with the steamed green beans.
- Taste, and add more garlic salt to taste if necessary.
This recipe was shared on Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Traditional Tuesdays, Hearth & Soul, Gluten Free Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Whole Foods Wednesday, What’s Cooking Wednesday, Cast Party Wednesday, Healthy 2Day Wednesday, Kids in the Kitchen, Full Plate Thursday, Thriving on Thursday, Frugal Days Sustainable Ways, Pennywise Platter, Keep It Real Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday, Freaky Friday, Fresh Bites Friday, Wellness Weekend, GAPS Friendly Friday, Fight back Friday, Foodie Friday,Friday Foodie Fix,Sugar Free Sunday, Seasonal Celebration Sunday, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, My Meatless Monday, Monday Mania, Make Your own Monday,