Tender Green Beans w/ Cherry Tomatoes & Basil

Green Bean w/ Tomatoes & Basil

Green beans are one of my very favorite vegetables, and when summer hits, I have beans coming out my ears!  Where I could eat them most nights very happily, my husband cringes at the idea of yet another night of beans (and in the Spring, he has a similar feeling about asparagus!)  What is one to do?!  He picked a woman who will always shop in-season for taste and economy, and quite frankly, fresh, in-season produce can’t be beat!

This simple side marries the very best flavors of summer (or at least three of them!).  Beans, basil, and cherry tomatoes are staples in my garden, and I absolutely LOVE sending the kids out to harvest the goodies for dinner.  This recipe came about as a way to use up my garden’s bounty.  I love this preparation, and I can bet you will too!

Green Bean w/ Tomatoes & Basil

Tender Green Beans w/ Cherry Tomatoes

• 1 pound green beans, washed and snapped (tips and stems removed)
  • 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes (or more to taste)
  • 3 tablespoons ghee, or allowed butter
  • 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
  • ½ teaspoon garlic salt
  • 2 drops liquid stevia or 1 teaspoon sugar
  1. Steam your green beans until crisp tender, about 8-10 minutes.
  2. In a pan over medium heat, melt your ghee.
  3. Add in the tomatoes, basil, salt, and stevia.
  4. Saute gently for about a minute or two to release the tomato juices.
  5. Remove from the heat, and toss with the steamed green beans.
  6. Taste, and add more garlic salt to taste if necessary.

Green Bean w/ Tomatoes & Basil

This recipe was shared on Make our Own Monday, Mostly Homemade Mondays, Natural Living Mondays, Tasteful Tuesdays, Fat Tuesdays, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Traditional Tuesday, Hearth & Soul, Waste Not Want Not, Well Fed Wednesday, GF Wednesday, Whole Foods Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Wildcrafting Wednesday, Healthy 2Day Wednesday, Frugal Days Sustainable Ways, Tasty Traditions, Simple Lives Thursday, Thank Your Body Thursday, Pennywise Platter, Wellness Weekend, GF Friday, Simple Meals Friday, From the Farm, Healthy Vegan Fridays, Alive & Thrive Thursday, Whole Foods FridayPure Potluck Party,

Tagged with: ,
Posted in Grain Free/Paleo, Recipes 4 Everyday & Everyone, Sides & Salads, Vegan
23 comments on “Tender Green Beans w/ Cherry Tomatoes & Basil
  1. Your Tender Green Beans w/ Cherry Tomatoes & Basil recipe looks amazing. I come from a family of Diabetics so Liquid Stevia is a household word at our family. We are having a family gathering this month and this recipe will be my contribution. I will be sure to tell then where I found your recipe. Thank you!

2. amber says:

My favorite too Tessa. We all love them actually. Great recipe! I’m always looking for more ways to use green beans. I also steam them before hand. They are just too tough if I only saute or roast (in my opinion). :-)

3. Looks Delicious! I’m printing it off right now :)

4. What a fun combo of flavors and I’m sure to love this too!

5. Peggy says:

I would love it, if you would share this, & any other recipes you may have, on my recipe link up. http://goodrecipesonline.com/organized-linkup-for-all-your-recipes-goodrecipesonline-com/.

6. Thanks a lot for the recipe. Its easy yet very healthy. Sounds tasty too. Surely going to try this out.

7. Alana says:

I have tons of cherry tomatoes and will have beans soon so this recipe is perfect! I am pinning it :)

8. Christy says:

I love fresh in season food and you don’t get more local than your back yard – how blessed are you! I received green beans in my CSA bag yesterday and am headed to an Amish farm for the basil and tomatoes so we can enjoy this for dinner tonight! (I pinned this!)

• Don’t be TOO jealous Christy, I have a postage stamp of a lot, but I maximize it to the fullest!! And beans climb, so they don;t take up too much square footage! Aren;t we lucky to have CSA, farmer’s markets at our access now? I just love them too! Please let me know if get to make them tonight!

9. Carole says:

Those colours look so inviting. Found you via Beyond the Peel’s Keep it Real Thursday. I linked in bacon and scrambled egg rolls. Have a super week.

10. Green beans say summertime goodness! Lovely recipe, Tessa!

xo,
    Shirley

11. April Harris says:

I love green beans too, and cherry tomatoes, so this is the dish for me! I like the garlic and basil you have included too. What a lovely seasonal side dish!

We just love fresh veggies and this looks delicious. Your recipe looks awesome! Hope you have a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.

13. Made this tonight! A great flavor combo and a nice change from our usual green bean dish. Had friends over too. Loved by everyone! Thanks for another keeper recipe!

Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you have a great summer week end and enjoy your new Red Plate.

15. Thank you for your submission on Nourishing Treasures’ Make Your Own! Monday link-up.

Check back later tonight when the new link-up is running to see if you were one of the top 3 featured posts! :)

16. Andrea says:

These look incredible! A great way to use up fresh garden veggies! Yum. I am definitely making these soon.

Thanks for sharing on Natural Living Monday!

17. I love garden green beans & mine are just now producing enough to harvest for meals. I’ll have to give this recipe a try, it sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing! (Visiting from Natural Living Monday)

~Taylor-Made Ranch~
    Wolfe City, Texas

18. Bee Girl says:

This sounds so incredibly good! Wonderfully, I have all three main ingredients growing in my garden…I’ll just have to wait a bit longer ;-)

19. I’m always looking for new ways to fix green beans, and since I just got some from the farmers’ market, this is perfect timing! Thanks for linking up to Healthy 2Day Wednesday!

20. Garden fresh! These sound delish! Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :)

Hope your week is great!

Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com