Perfect crispy bacon every time. No mess. No fuss.
It never occurred to me that most people didn’t cook bacon this way. This is THE only way I have cooked my bacon for so long, I have learned to take it for granted!
I love this method for three big reasons:
- Minimal time required.
- It is less messy (no splattering fat all over my stove to be scrubbed off later!)
- Clean up is abreeze.
Three good enough reasons for me! So go ahead, make some nice, crispy bacon any hobbit would be proud to eat!
Want some additional easy breakfast ideas? Here are a couple to check out!!
- Instant Pot Quiche Cups
- Gluten Free Vegan Banana Cinnamon Waffles
- Easy Gluten Free Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- 5-7 slices favorite bacon
- Paper towels
- Line a microwave-safe plate with 2-3 paper towels ( I like to use chlorine-free natural ones).
- Lay however many slices of bacon you wish to cook on the plate without overlapping the pieces. Cover with one paper towel.
- Microwave the pieces on high for about a minute PER slice. So if you have 5 slices, that's 5 minutes! This GREATLY depends on the thickness of your bacon. I use a thick cut Trader Joe's Applewood Smoked Bacon, and it takes longer. I have used thinner pieces
- and it has taken less. Play it by ear...you simply check the bacon and if it is not crispy to your liking, plop it back in for another minute or more until you get the crispy texture your prefer.
Wow. That was rocket science, I think I may have missed my true calling! (;
If you don’t use a microwave (because of space OR philosophy), check out my friend Nancy’s post on how to bake bacon in your oven for another option. I actually prefer to bake it when I have pasture raised bacon in my hands, save all that lovely, nutritious fat for another use!
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!