Perfect Crispy Bacon – The Easy Way!

Crispy Bacon - The Easy Way

It never occurred to me that most people didn’t cook bacon this way.  This is THE only way I have cooked my bacon for so long, I have learned to take it for granted!  I love this method for three big reasons:

1. It requires less time.
  2. It is less messy (no splattering fat all over my stove to be scrubbed off later!)
  3. It is easier to clean up.

3 good enough reasons for me!  So go ahead, make some nice, crispy bacon any hobbit would be proud to eat!

Perfect Crispy Bacon – The Easy Way!

• 5-7 slices favorite bacon
  • Paper towels
  1. Line a microwave-safe plate with 2-3 paper towels ( I like to use chlorine-free natural ones).
  2. Lay however many slices of bacon you wish to cook on the plate without overlapping the pieces. Cover with one paper towel.
  3. Microwave the pieces on high for about a minute PER slice. So if you have 5 slices, that’s 5 minutes! This GREATLY depends on the thickness of your bacon. I use a thick cut Trader Joe’s Applewood Smoked Bacon, and it takes longer. I have used thinner pieces
  4. and it has taken less. Play it by ear…you simply check the bacon and if it is not crispy to your liking, plop it back in for another minute or more until you get the crispy texture your prefer.

Wow.  That was rocket science, I think I may have missed my true calling!  (;

If you don’t use a microwave (because of space OR philosophy), check out my friend Nancy’s  post on how to bake bacon in your oven for another option.  I actually prefer to bake it when I have pasture raised bacon in my hands, save all that lovely, nutritious fat for another use!

Crispy Bacon - The Easy Way

This post was shared on Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Traditional Tuesday, Hearth & Soul, Gluten Free Wednesday, What’s Cooking Wednesday, Cast Party Wednesday, Healthy 2 Day Wednesday, Kids in the Kitchen, Frugal Days Sustainable Ways, Whole Foods Wednesdays, Keep it Real Thursdays, Simple Lives Thursday, Pennywise Platter, Full plate Thursday, Thriving on Thursday, Fresh Bites Friday, Fight Back Friday, Freaky Friday, GAPS Friendly Friday, Monday Mania, Melt in Your Mouth Monday,

Tagged with: , , , ,
Posted in Breakfast, Miscellaneous, Recipes 4 Everyday & Everyone, Sides & Salads
22 comments on “Perfect Crispy Bacon – The Easy Way!
  1. Anon says:

Microwaves render food “dead” and toxic. They destroy their nutritional content. Allergy sufferers should never use microwaves to cook their food. It is very damaging to ones health. I’m usually a big fan of your blog, but this is a major disappointment.

2. solitaire says:

wow if someone was such a big fan of your blog then surely they would put their name to their comment! this is a great tip for mums in a hurry. i used to use a upsidedown plate on top of the other plate with bacon in the middle. will try this way instead. thanks

3. Thanks for sharing the info. This is really helpful.

4. Mari says:

Wow! What a wonderful post this was. I hate all the grease and splattering of frying bacon, and forget baking it in the oven. Still too messy. Now when my boys come home for a visit, they can have bacon in minutes, and I can keep my kitchen nice and shiny. Thank you so much for a fantastic idea. I don’t know why I never found this info before, but I am happy that I did. Thank you thank you thank you!

5. Good tip! Thanks for sharing it. I’ll give it a try.

6. What a simple way to cook bacon!

Stopping by from What’s Cooking Wednesday (I posted a Watermelon and Cucumber Smoothie – #57)

Pinned.

Amber @ The Cook’s Sister

7. This is how my grandma made us bacon everyday for lunch growing up!! Thanks for sharing!!

Kristen @ Trial and Error Homemaking

8. Jeanne says:

I’ve cooked bacon this way in the microwave for years! It not only saves the messy clean-up, it saves time!

I’m enjoying your blog!

9. That’s awesome. My mom used to use this trick. I have never seen anyone post it before. It is such a handy tip.

10. jill says:

I admit I was disappointed also when I saw that a microwave was used. For those who do not use microwaves, google how to bake bacon, it’s another easy way to do it, although you do have to watch it. No splattering, or flipping and it usually always stays flat.

11. Jen says:

This is great. I always splatter bacon grease everywhere. I am going to try this over the weekend when I make bacon for the hubs. It’d be nice not to have to clean grease splatter for a change. :D

Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.

13. Elsa says:

Great idea! Thanks for sharing with Hearth and Soul!

14. Patricia D Todd says:

I use my George Foreman grill to cook bacon. It keeps it from curling up, no splattering and all the grease is collected in the little tray.