When we do smoothies in this house, they are almost always full-meal deals. With my oober picky son…smoothies have provided a valuable way to get some much needed variety into his diet. This key lime pie smoothie is meant to be a full meal!!
Loaded with healthy fats, nutrients, and taste…this key lime pie smoothie should stick with you for hours!
I simply adore citrus…and this time of year there are some beautiful fruits to be had! I have been making lots of varieties of citrus smoothies! This one is creamy and dreamy….always a good combo in my book!
I use my own homemade coconut butter in this recipe, however it can also be purchased at well-stocked grocery stores and online.
There are many optional ingredients in this recipe as well…totally based on individual preferences. Always start with less and add a touch more to get it just the way you like it.
This Paleo key lime pie smoothie is sure to be a hit, try it today!
This smoothie is SO easily made keto and low carb by subbing the banana out for your preferred low carb sweetener. This is how I make it all the time now using Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener!
Want some more nutrition loaded smoothies?
- Paleo Mango Lime Kombucha
- Lemon Cheesecake Smoothie
- Orange Greensicle Smoothie
- Raspberry Creme Smoothie
- 2 cups preferred milk (I used Trader Joe's Coconut Milk, unsweetened). You can add some of my favorite canned milk variety for extra healthy fats too!
- ¼ cup raw cashews (soaked if you do not have a high power blender to pulverize) or macadamia nuts, swoon!
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ avocado
- 2 large handfuls of greens (I use spinach). I also sometimes add a handful of raw cauliflower. can't taste it, promise!!
- 1 large frozen banana (if it is fresh that is fine, just won't be as frosty!), for the keto version sub for some additional low-carb sweetener of choice! I like Lankanto Monkfruit!
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter (I use my homemade,)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds or hemp hearts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons collagen
- Splash vanilla extract (optional)
- Zest of one lime (to taste, optional)
- Liquid stevia or raw honey to taste (I prefer NuNaturals, and use about 10-20 drops to taste)
- Place all ingredients into a blender and whir until smooth and creamy.