When we do smoothies in this house, they are almost always full-meal deals. With my oober picky son…smoothies have provided a valuable way to get some much needed variety into his diet. This smoothie is meant to be a full meal!! Loaded with healthy fats, nutrients, and taste…this smoothie should stick with you!
I simply adore citrus…and this time of year there are some beautiful fruits to be had! I have been making lots of varieties of citrus smoothies! This one is creamy and dreamy….always a good combo in my book!
I use my own homemade coconut butter in this recipe, however it can also be purchased at well-stocked grocery stores and online.
There are many optional ingredients in this recipe as well…totally based on individual preferences. Always start with less and add a touch more to get it just the way you like it.
- 2 cups preferred milk (I used Trader Joes Coconut Milk, unsweetened)
- ¼ cup raw cashews (soaked if you do not have a high power blender to pulverize)
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ avocado
- 2 large handfuls of greens (I use spinach)
- 1 large frozen banana (if it is fresh that is fine, just won't be as frosty!)
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter (I use my homemade, link above)
- 2 tablespoons chia seed (optional)
- Splash vanilla extract (optional)
- Zest of one lime (to taste, optional)
- Liquid stevia or raw honey to taste ( I prefer NuNaturals, and use about 10-20 drops to taste)
- Place all ingredients into a blender and whir until smooth and creamy.
This post was shared with Natural Living Monday, Mostly Homemade Monday, Fat Tuesday, Hearth & Soul, Tuesday Talent Show, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, Tuesday Greens, Gluten Free Tuesday, Gluten Free Wednesdays, Waste Not Want Not, Wildcrafting Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Fresh Foods Wednesday,Frugal Days Sustainable Ways, Wellness Wednesdays, Full Plate Thursday, Thriving on Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday, Pennywise Platter, Raw Foods Thursday, Wellness Weekend, Whole Foods Friday, GF Friday, Fight Back Friday, Simple Meal Friday, Weekend Wholefoods Blender PartyAny of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!