Perfect timing for Fall! I have been using this recipe since last Winter and never got around to posting it in time for the season.
I tried more pumpkin pie smoothie recipes than I can count until I finally found one that reminded both me and my husband of our favorite pumpkin pie.
I knew I wanted a nut free version so my son could enjoy it too, but raw cashews or pecans (especially toasted ones) would be fabulous here too!
I use my Blend Tec for smoothie making (among other things!). While this smoothie would work well in a normal blender, you might want to steam the carrot a bit first so they pulverize. Just one of the many reasons I adore my machine..it makes my life easier and removes additional steps from my plate!!
You might also want to try my Pumpkin Cranberry Smoothie, it is another Fall sensation in our household!
- 1½ cup preferred non-dairy milk (I use So Delicious coconut milk, unsweetened)
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree (fresh is infinitely tastier!)
- ½ cup preferred yogurt (I use plain coconut milk yogurt)
- 1 banana, peeled
- 10 baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter (optional)
- 1 tablespoon EACH grass-fed gelatin & maple syrup or 1 medjool date (for a vegan version you could add raw sunflower seeds, hemp hearts, or your favorite vegan protein powder)
- 2 teaspoons EACH vanilla extract and cinnamon
- Stevia to taste, ice cubes if you like
- Place all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
This post was shared with Hearth & Soul, Mostly Homemade Mondays, Waste Not Want Not, Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!