A luscious, creamy dairy free pumpkin smoothie to start your day off right! Loaded with healthy ingredients, this full meal will leave you satisfied for hours with a balance of healthy fats, fiber, and protein.
With fall in full swing and fresh pumpkin puree up the wazzu, I wanted to create a smoothie that highlighted some of my very favorite flavors from this season: pumpkin, apples, cranberries, and cinnamon.
This tempting smoothie was a tinkering over many attempts. I wanted to be sure and include some healthy fats (coconut oil, nuts), as well as a bit of protein for a full-meal deal.
Dairy free pumpkin smoothie adaptations:
- For those who cannot do nuts, this smoothie is just as delicious without the cashews and were actually a last minute addition for me. Raw sunflower seeds are another good option.
- The sweetness is a total personal preference, so please add more or less sweetener as your taste buds dictate.
- We have also added banana to this smoothie and loved it. Smoothies are so flexible!
- Chia seeds would be another nutritious addition.
Should I use fresh pumpkin in my dairy free pumpkin smoothie?
If you are new to my blog, or a repeat offender, let me reiterate: FRESH PUMPKIN PUREE IS BY FAR AND AWAY TASTIER THAN THE STUFF IN THE CAN!! It is so worth a little extra effort and is tasty enough to eat on it’s own! I have a tutorial on how to make your own fresh pumpkin, and it really is so easy!
If you have some time, I have shared this recipe on And Love It Too’s Ingredient Challenge, pumpkin is this months theme!
I have lots of additional pumpkin recipes, over 30 recipes that include it! Here are some additional pumpkin smoothies!
- If you like to add greens to your smoothie, try my green pumpkin smoothie! Another full meal!
- I created my allergy free pumpkin pie smoothie to include all the flavors of a pumpkin pie!
- This healthy pumpkin smoothie has oats for added texture and nutrition!
Dairy Free Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe:
Be sure to come back and leave a comment once you try this healthy smoothie!
- 1 cup preferred non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree fresh is best
- 1/4 cup cranberries frozen or fresh, raspberries would work in a pinch
- 1/4 cup raw cashews soaked, (soaking unnecessary with a high-powered blender), use equal amount of plain Greek yogurt for a nut free option
- 1 small apple chunked
- 1/2 orange peeled
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk the fat on top a full-fat coconut milk can or coconut butter
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5-10 drops stevia liquid to taste. Honey, maple syrup, or palm sugar could all be used instead. Depending on your fruit sweetness, this is unnecessary.
Optional Add In's
- 1 scoop collagen this is the only kind I use now, tested to be free of glyphosate! Use code tessa10 to get 10% off any order
Place all ingredients in a high powered blender and whir until smooth.
If you do not have a high powered blender, use soaked cashews (raw cashews soaked in fresh water for a few hours minimum and drained), fresh squeezed orange juice instead of an orange, and applesauce instead of an apple.
Add 10 grams protein if you use a scoop of collagen!!
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!