This Paleo chocolate zucchini bread has the added nutrition of hemp hearts hiding within!! And because this bread is easily done all inside your blender….no one will ever know that zucchini and hemp are hiding in this tender, chocolaty bread! Read : kids won’t know it’s good for them!!
Born of a desire to use a decent amount of hemp hearts….I took to a favorite recipe from Flippin Delicious that I had already successfully modified for ease and personal preference. I just kept the modify theme going to create this utterly perfect, nutritious, and moist loaf. Sometimes first tries work…and in this case, it was ‘hit it out of the park’ success!
I prepared the whole thing in my awesome food processor bowl (and since migrated to my trusty and much beloved BlendTec) to make it quick and easy. No need to grate zucchini that way, and no kids making complaints about green flecks in their food ( I can’t be the only one, right??!!)!
And if you want a quicker cook time, just make these as muffins instead of a loaf! much easier to pack for lunches and an on the go nutrient-dense snack!
Either way, this nourishing Paleo chocolate zucchini bread is sure to be a crowd pleaser! In my house, this recipe is regularly asked for….and regularly given!!!
- Hemp Hearts – These are a super nutritious little seed!! I like to get them in wherever I can. Great in baking, salads, and smoothies. Costoc carries them, but I place my order via Subscribe an Save on Amazon.
- Almond Flour – A great flour to have on hand for Paleo and low carb baking.
- Cassava Flour – THE most versatile grain free, AIP friendly flour out there!! I would not be caught without it now, it’s a breeze to work with and has a a very neutral flavor like regular flour! One the few grain free flours that can be used all it’s own too!
Like Zucchini? Here are some more recipes you could try!
- Zucchini Bread – Gluten Free & Vegan
- Zucchini Quinoa Casserole @ Wendy Pelosi
- Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread @ Thriving on Paleo
Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread w/ Hemp Recipe
Make this today to have a nutrient dense food your kids will devour for after school snack! If you enjoy the recipe, please don’t forget to come back and comment and leave a rating!
Paleo Chocolate Hemp Zucchini Bread
- 2 8" zucchini Cut into small chunks, diameter of apx a quarter (about 300g)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup palm sugar. may also use your favorite low carb sweetener
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond flour apx 90g
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup cassava flour apx 65g, tapioca flour will work too
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour apx 30g
- 2 teaspoons baking powder grain free
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a loaf pan or 12 muffin pan plus 4 extra, I used parchment paper.
In the bowl of a food processor, blend the zucchini, oil, eggs, sugar, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
Add in the hemp hearts, almond flour, tapioca, cocoa powder and blend until smooth (I whirred until the hemp disappeared for my picky kids).
Add in the soda, powder, and salt and pulse to blend thoroughly. Here you want to take stock...the batter should be a typical muffin/quick-bread consistency. Add a bit more of any of the flours if you need to.
Fill up your prepared pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 45-55 minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. If you opted for the muffin route, 18-22 minutes, and yields about 16 muffins
Here are some additional recipes using hemp hearts that you could try!!
- Low Carb Chewy Pizza Crust
- Pumpkin Spice Gluten Free Granola
- Raw Brazil Nut Lime Hemp Bars
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Oat Hemp Muffins
- Whole 30 Ranch Dressing