This bulletproof pumpkin latte makes a great breakfast or afternoon snack. Cooler weather is here, and all variety of pumpkin coffee drinks are available. How about making your own version to avoid a major sugar crash and load up on some amazingly healthy foods while your at it?!
Why Can Bulletproof Coffee Be A Good Idea?
I remember when this concept came out years ago….and it sounded sooooo……well….strange?!
Butter in coffee? But why?!
I quickly figured out, a bulletproof coffee satiated me sufficiently instead of breakfast…which was awesome! And starting your day off with super healthy fats signals to the body to kick start that metabolism!
Here is great article about the reasons bulletproof coffee could be a good idea for you too!
Why is MCT oil good for you and delicious in this bulletproof pumpkin latte?
An instant source of energy for your body and brain, MCT is a healthy fat that should be in your diet!
With all the potential health benefits listed below, I rely on MCT to help me feel full longer, keep my brain going in the afternoon, and for an extra energy boost for long workouts.
MCT stands for “Medium Chain Triglycerides.” This is the concentrated form of the food medium chain fatty acids found in coconut oil…and my favorite brand is 100% lauric acid from organic, rain forest safe coconut farms. Here are some great things about what MCT can do: (Use code Tessa10 to get 10% off ANY order!)
- Increase Energy Levels
- It Can Improve Mental Clarity, Reduce Brain Fog
- Help Improve Mood
- Improve Gut Function and Digestion
- Support a Healthy Metabolism
- Aid In The Process of Reducing Stored Body Fat
- Promote Healthy Brain Function
- Keep Excess Inflammation in Check
- Promote Healthy Heart Function
- Helps Maintain Healthy Blood Sugar Levels
- Variety of antimicrobial and anti-fungal effects
Why should I use collagen in my pumpkin spice latte?
Collagen is the the basic ‘glue’ that holds our body together!! A healthy source of tasteless protein, collagen mixes in easily to lots of things without changing the texture or taste of the end product. Here are some more health benefits:
- Improves skin, hair and nails. When I regularly consume it, my nails go from flimsy to rock hard…no joke.
- Reduces stiff joints and discomfort from joint pain
- Since it helps form connective tissue, it is awesome for people with leaky gut! It helps repair the intestinal lining!
- High in protein (and it disappears into baked goods and smoothies unlike many protein powders!)
Without a doubt, Perfect Supplements is my favorite brand! Use code Tessa10 to get 10% off ANY order!
How to make an extra strong cup of coffee without a pot:
I have recently discovered one of THE best ways to make a cup of coffee!!
I especially love that I can pull it out and use it to make a single cup and not mess with a coffee pot!
The AeroPress is super popular for reason, and if you are a coffee lover, it is very worth checking out! One of the smoothest cups of coffee you will ever enjoy!
Additional recipes using MCT oil & collagen:
- Keto Protein Bars
- Low Carb Chocolate Shake
- 40 MCT Recipes that AREN’T Bulletproof Coffee @ All the Nourishing Things
- Collagen Chamomile Muffins @ Eat Beautiful
Paleo Bulletproof Pumpkin Latte Recipe:
If you try this special pumpkin spice latte, be sure to come back and leave a comment!
Pumpkin Bulletproof Coffee Latte - Paleo | Keto
Stove Top Simmer Pot:
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup coconut cream or raw cream
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin puree or winter squash, fresh is best
- 1.5 tablespoons erythritol or any sweetener, to taste (this is very personal!
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon clove or 1 drop DoTerra Clove Oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
In a small saucepan over medium low heat, simmer the "simmer pot" ingredients to heat through and dissolve sweetener.
Place the coffee, collagen, MCT, butter, and all the hot simmered ingredients in the blender. Blend on high until a bit frothy and well mixed, serve immediately.