Grilled Asparagus w/ Garlic Lemon Aioli

I am admittedly ADDICTED to the Spring asparagus in the stores right now!!  It is too darn delicious, and I am even getting my kids to eat a stalk or two!

No joke, I have been eating an entire bunch to myself the past several days.  I was perusing a new cookbook from the library, Cooking for Isaiah, by Silvana Nardone.  I always like to play with a cookbook a bit to see if it is worth adding to my collection, and this save me lots of money by checking them out at our library first! It also helps me limit the cookbooks I have to the ones I actually use: I have one shelf in a cupboard donated for this purpose, and I won’t add anymore space…it is a good way to keep my cookbook obsession in check.

I was inspired by a recipe for asparagus with lemon dip.  I’ve used all the same ingredients as Silvana, but my own ratios for my own pallet!  This is incredibly delicious with the grilled asparagus on my blog.

These pictures are the next day, served chilled….so eat it how you like it, cold or warm!

I use this method for grilling asparagus, and  use my own homemade mayo in this recipe as well!

Grilled Asparagus w/ Garlic Lemon Aioli
Serves: ¾ cup

• I recipe grilled asparagus (recipe linked above)
  • ½ cup mayonnaise (vegan or light as you prefer), try making your own homemade, SO easy, delicious, and no weird ingredients!
  • 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
  • 3 teaspoons white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
  • ¼ cup lemon juice, to taste
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
  1. Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl, adjust seasonings to taste.
  2. Drizzle or dip over your grilled asparagus/
  3. Store leftovers in an airtight container.

This recipe is shared on My Meatless Monday, Make Your Own Monday, Motivation Monday, Natural Living Monday, Mostly Homemade Monday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Tasteful Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Hearth & Soul, Traditional Tuesdays, Tuesday Greens, Spring Fling, Waste Not Want NotWheat-Free Wednesday, GF Wednesday, Well-Fed Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Whole Foods Wednesday, Healthy 2Day Wednesday, Seasonal Celebration, Wildcrafting Wednesday,Frugal Days Sustainable Ways, Thank Your Body Thursday, Tasty Traditions, Pennywise Platter, Wellness Weekend, GF Fridays, Whole Foods Friday, Simple Meals Friday, Lunchbox Love, Healthy Vegan Fridays,

Tagged with: , ,
Posted in Grain Free/Paleo, Recipes 4 Everyday & Everyone, Sides & Salads, Vegan
12 comments on “Grilled Asparagus w/ Garlic Lemon Aioli
  1. April Harris says:

I adore asparagus, and this is such a delicious way to serve it! The aoili sounds like such a perfect compliment to this lovely fresh vegetable. Thank you for sharing this post!

2. I love grilled asparagus and I love garlic lemon aioli. This looks awesome. Thanks for sharing it on GAPS Friendly Friday, Tessa!

3. Thank you for your submission on Nourishing Treasures’ Make Your Own! Monday link-up.

Check back later today when the new link-up is running to see if you were one of the top 3 featured posts! :)

4. Karyn says:

This looks delish! I’m always on the lookout for new recipes for asparagus…thanks for sharing!

5. Julie Moore says:

Thank you so much for stopping by Natural and Free and linking this up to our Spring Fling, Blogger-Style! link-up! That sauce would go great with the Roasted Asparagus I shared today, too! :) Awesomeness! Have a great week, and feel free to link up any other recipes that scream “spring” to you! We’d love to have them! Thanks so much!

6. Jo says:

I have been wanting to try making homemade aoli for awhile! I am definitely pinning this! Thank you for linking up!

7. Vickie says:

This looks really delish! I love asparagus! Even though I haven’t actually tried the recipe yet, I’m gonna give it 5 stars because after reading the ingredients I know I’m gonna like it! Thanks! Saw you on Wildcrafting Wednesday.

8. Andrea says:

Ooh, sounds yummy!! I love asparagus, but this sounds even better than the way I grill it.

Thanks for sharing on Natural Living Monday!

9. Becky says:

Our asparagus is coming in and I am on the lookout for new recipes. This will be perfect. I am marking down lemons to buy for next week’s list. Thanks for sharing on Tuesday Greens!

10. Lauryn says:

I love asparagus! I will definitely need to try it this way. Thanks for the recipe and linking up to Motivation Monday!

11. Lisa Lynn says:

I planted asparagus in my garden last year. I can’t wait to start harvesting it! This looks awesome. :)
    Thanks for sharing your culinary talents on Wildcrafting Wednesday!

12. Its that time of year for yummy fresh asparagus! Got this recipe bookmarked! Thanks for linking up at Gluten Free Fridays!

2 Pings/Trackbacks for "Grilled Asparagus w/ Garlic Lemon Aioli"
  1. [...] Grilled Asparagus w/ Garlic-Lemon Aioli [...]

2. [...] This was a meal born out of laziness.  I needed to go to the grocery store but was short on time, so I had to use what was on hand.  Sometimes, we just get lucky!  Crunchy, flavorful, and kid-pleasing, this meal is easy to throw together!  And have you ever wondered how to keep chicken breasts moist and flavorful?  I have a little tip for you!  Serve this delicious chicken with a simple green salad or check out all my ‘sides’ in the categories, lots of delicious and easy options for busy families.  With Spring, I have been making ridiculous amounts of Grilled Asparagus! [...]