I am admittedly ADDICTED to the Spring asparagus in the stores right now!! It is too darn delicious, and I am even getting my kids to eat a stalk or two!
No joke, I have been eating an entire bunch to myself the past several days. I was perusing a new cookbook from the library, Cooking for Isaiah, by Silvana Nardone. I always like to play with a cookbook a bit to see if it is worth adding to my collection, and this save me lots of money by checking them out at our library first! It also helps me limit the cookbooks I have to the ones I actually use: I have one shelf in a cupboard donated for this purpose, and I won’t add anymore space…it is a good way to keep my cookbook obsession in check.
I was inspired by a recipe for asparagus with lemon dip. I’ve used all the same ingredients as Silvana, but my own ratios for my own pallet! This is incredibly delicious with the grilled asparagus on my blog.
These pictures are the next day, served chilled….so eat it how you like it, cold or warm!
- I recipe grilled asparagus (recipe linked above)
- ½ cup mayonnaise (vegan or light as you prefer), try making your own homemade, SO easy, delicious, and no weird ingredients!
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup lemon juice, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl, adjust seasonings to taste.
- Drizzle or dip over your grilled asparagus/
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!