We love smoothies in in our house. What better way to get lots of servings of fruits and veggies in one, and very tasty fell-swoop?!
My kids think it is an ice cream shake, and I further the deception by freezing leftovers in popsicle molds…sneaky Mommy! They beg me for the ‘popsicles’! Now if only I could figure out a way to have these ready to go when school pulls out the food-dye, sugar laden popsicles that send my child’s ADD rocketing through the roof…..sigh! (I think maybe a ‘Grr” would be a better descriptor!)
Today’s recipe was originally inspired by Cara’s Cravings. Enjoy!
You might also want to check out the other smoothie recipe on my site:
Berry Breakfast Smoothie!
- 1 cup milk of choice
- ½ small Haas avocado
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds or hemp hearts
- 4-6 ounces frozen fruit, we like raspberry and strawberry
- 8-10 drops liquid vanilla stevia, OR 2 soaked dates OR 4 tablespoons date paste (softened dates pureed w/ water) OR honey
- 1 handful dark greens
- Optional: protein powder, ¼ cup raw cashews, or our fav: 2T raw sunflower of pumpkin seeds
- Add ingredients into blender in order and blend well until smooth.
- Taste and decide if you'd like to add more sweetener of choice.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!