Creamy Pumpkin-Cranberry Smoothie – Dairy Free

With Fall in full swing and fresh pumpkin puree up the wazzu, I wanted to create a smoothie that highlighted some of  my very favorite flavors from this season: pumpkin, apples, cranberries, and cinnamon.

This tempting smoothie was a tinkering over many attempts.  I wanted to be sure and include some healthy fats (coconut oil, nuts), as well as a bit of protein for a full-meal deal.

For those who cannot do nuts, this smoothie is just as delicious without the cashews and were actually a last minute addition for me.   Raw sunflower seeds are another good option.

The sweetness is a total personal preference, so please add more or less sweetener as your taste buds dictate.    We have also added banana to this smoothie and loved it.  Smoothies are so flexible!  Chia seeds would be another nutritious addition.

If you are new to my blog, or a repeat offender, let me reiterate:  FRESH PUMPKIN PUREE IS BY FAR AND AWAY TASTIER THAN THE STUFF IN THE CAN!!  It is so worth a little extra effort and is tasty enough to eat on it’s own…especially Sugar Pie Pumpkins!  I have a tutorial on how to make your own fresh pumpkin, and it really is so easy!

If you have some time, I have shared this recipe on And Love It Too’s Ingredient Challenge, pumpkin is this months theme!

Pumpkin-Cranberry Smoothie
Serves: 1-2

A smoothie that wraps some of Fall's favorite flavors into one delicious and healthy cup.
  • 1 cup preferred non-dairy milk
  • ½ cup fresh pumpkin puree
  • ¼ cup frozen fresh cranberries (raspberries would work in a pinch)
  • ¼ cup raw, soaked cashews (soaking unnecessary with a high-powered blender), use equal amount of plain Greek yogurt for a nut free option
  • 1 small apple, chunked
  • ½ orange, peeled
  • 2 tablespoons coconut cream (the fat atop a full-fat coconut milk can) or coconut butter
  • ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
  • 5-10 drops stevia liquid, to taste. Honey, maple syrup, or palm sugar could all be used instead. Depending on your fruit sweetness, this is unnecessary.
  1. Place all ingredients in a high powered blender and whir until smooth.
  2. If you do not have a high powered blender, use soaked cashews (raw cashews soaked in fresh water for a few hours minimum and drained), fresh squeezed orange juice instead of an orange, and applesauce instead of an apple.

This post was shared on Whole Foods Friday, GF Friday, Wellness Weekend, Healthy Vegan Fridays, Simple Meals Friday, Fight back Friday, Natural Living Monday, Make Your Own Monday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Tasteful Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, GF Tuesday, Traditional Tuesday, Hearth & Soul, GF Wednesday, Real Foods Wednesday, Healthy 2Day Wednesday, Tuesday Greens, Wildcrafting Wednesday, Frugal days Sustainable Ways, Thank Your Body, Pennywise Platter, Tasty Traditions,Simple Lives Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Smoothie OTW, Weekend Whole Foods Blender Party

Tagged with: , , ,
Posted in Breakfast, Grain Free/Paleo, Recipes 4 Everyday & Everyone, Smoothies/Drinks, Vegan
33 comments on “Creamy Pumpkin-Cranberry Smoothie – Dairy Free
  1. ella @ lifeologia says:

Oh this looks sooo good ;D

xoxo
    Ella
    ps. Would love it if you came by with these to our Pumpkin Potluck Party ;D

2. Cindy (Vegetarian Mamma) says:

I LOVE smoothies!! :) I got this tweeted and pinned!

3. Minnie(@thelady8home) says:

Loved it lot. Smoothies are my fav too. How about joining my dinner party. :-D

4. amber says:

I just LOVE the look of this smoothie. So creamy and delicious. I love the fall inspired ingredients here! Just lovely.

I’m voting for ya girl. You rock!!!

Hugs,
    –Amber

5. SunnyB@andloveittoo says:

This is beautiful, Tessa! Thank you for sharing with and giving a shout-out to Ingredient Challenge Monday. I cannot wait to give this a try. xoxox

6. France @ Beyond The Peel says:

Tessa, This looks so good, I’d have it for dessert! I really need to do more with pumpkin puree….

7. Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry says:

Ohlala…a must make smoothie! This drink and the ingredients are calling out my name.

8. Danielle @ Poor and Gluten Free says:

Lol, every time I go to a link exchange and click on something that looks scrumptious, I find myself on your site! I’m going to have to try this!!

I’d love for you to come by and link this up on my new link exchange – Waste Not Want Not Wednesday :)

9. Joanna @ plus other good stuff says:

This looks great! Creative combination – cranberries and pumpkin – but so festive and perfect for this season. :)

10. Katie @ Mexican Wildflower says:

This looks tasty! I hope you will share it with Simple Meals Friday! I make one similar! Yum!

11. April @ The 21st Century Housewife says:

This smoothie sounds delicious, and it’s so wonderfully seasonal!

12. Twisted Cinderella says:

YUMMY! This sounds so good!

13. Katie @ Mexican Wildflower says:

Thanks for sharing with Simple Meals Friday! This is one of our featured posts!

14. Ivan says:

Great recipe. I made this twice; used macadamia nuts the first time and cashews the second. Turned out better the second time!

15. Ivan says:

I will try it again with macadamia nuts… but it IS great with cashews as you have it.

16. Casey (A Healthy Spin) says:

I just bought frozen cranberries on sale for $1/lb. This recipe is happening, with some adjustments!! :) Yum

17. Karen says:

Wow! I found this recipe on a search for a cranberry smoothie. I am enjoying the fruits of that labor as a write. A very good and “autumn-ey” smoothie. I don’t have any allergies so I used 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese and 1/4 cup kefir instead of the non dairy milk. I used two clementines insead of 1/2 of the orange. I added ~ 1/3 cup whey protein powder, 2T ground flax seed, a splash of vanilla extract. Very good! My kids loved it too!

18. I found you through Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays and this recipe looks fabulous! I have all of the ingredients and can’t wait to try it!

19. Gabi says:

This looks so awesome! Cranberries are my absolute favorite, it’s such a shame that most people only eat them on thanksgiving!

Gabi

20. Becky says:

Like fall in a glass!! Thanks for sharing on Tuesday Greens!

What a great smoothie for the season! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope your weekend was great!

22. What an amazing recipe for a dairy-free Pumpkin Cranberry Smoothie.
    I can’t wait to try this. Glad I found your post on the Hearth and Soul blog hop!
    Deborah Davis recently posted…How to Avoid Carrageenan & Make Your Own Organic Hemp MilkMy Profile

23. There are so many gorgeous cranberries around lately, I really, really wish I could get fresh cranberries here! I’m going to have to make this with raspberries (and maybe thrown some dried cranberries in the blender too).
    Thank you so much for sharing this at Smoothie OTW, I hope you’ll join up again soon :D

24. Laura says:

Im not a fan of pumpkin but this looks great will be sure to make this.