These work great individually wrapped and placed in any lunchbox!
Gluten Free Chewy Granola Bar Recipe:
Gluten Free Chewy No Bake Granola Bar
- 2 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal or other crunchy cereal
- 2 cups quick-cooking gluten free oats or if you don"t stock the quick variety like me, whir the rolled oats in your coffee grinder a bit to break them down just slightly I bet quinoa flakes would work too!
- 1/2 cup bite sized favorite dried fruit raisins, cranberries, cherries, apricots, etc Today, we used raisins AND cherries!
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips optional
- 1/4 cup flax meal or chia seeds optional
- 1/2 cup any nuts bite sized (optional)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar or other granulated sugar like palm, demerara, raw, sucanat, etc
- 1/2 cup sticky sweetener brown rice syrup, honey, agave, maple syrup
- 1/2 cup favorite nut or seed butter peanut, almond, sunflower seed, etc
- 2 tablespoons margarine or coconut oil or other fat
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mix the cereal, oats, dried fruit, chocolate chips, chia seeds, and nuts (if using) together in a large bowl.
On the stove top, put the sugar, honey, and nut butter in a small saucepan over medium low heat.
When softened, mix until smooth and add in the butter/oil and vanilla.
Pour the mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well until it is well incorporated and moistened.
Press FIRMLY into a 9 x 13 pan, using a Siplat to press into the pan and keep your hands clean!
Let the bars set and cut into desired shape!
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!