In minutes, you can whip together these nutrient dense, raw, collagen-filled keto protein balls for ANY time you need a quick and satisfying treat! Loaded with healthy fats and collagen, these no bake keto fat bombs are super addicting!
Who doesn’t love raw cookie dough?!! Certainly no one in my family!!
I decided to take that love and create a recipe that was loaded with healthy fats and gut-healing collagen to make these raw cookie dough bites HEALTHY and good for you (and my family)!
If you have followed me for any length of time, you know I love to use collagen in my recipes. Whether baking with it (like in these paleo pumpkin scones), or as the protein boost in a healthy smoothie.
I am always looking for different ways to work in this superfood, I purchase my favorite brand in BULK so I am never without it!
Creative Ways To Use Collagen
I have learned a lot of way to get collagen into my kiddos. I have one that is an oober picky kiddo, and another who does not get quite enough protein in her diet. Here are some sneaky mom ways you can use it too!
- blend or whisk into any drink, hot or cold, like my healthy hot chocolate.
- mixed into a bowl of hot cereal or oatmeal.
- mixed into any milk for the cereal eater in your life.
- add a half cup to any baked good recipe!
- add to a smoothie! Try it in my healthy berry smoothie.
- mixed into a pudding or yogurt, like my healthy chocolate avocado pudding.
- mixed into a soup like my tortilla soup.
What ways have you figured out to get more this amazing protein source in?!
Can I use different sweeteners for these keto protein balls?
Most definitely! Here are some different options you could consider:
- honey or maple syrup (not low carb). Likely would have to omit the milk completely
- organic powdered sugar (stick to organic to avoid GMO’s (and the round up residue associated with sugar beets and loads of bleaching chemicals too)
- stevia or stevia glycerite. I like stevia, but many do not…..up to you! Powdered or liquid versions should work equally well in this recipe.
Can I make my own powdered low carb sweetener?
I don’t like to by powdered erythritol versions because of cost…so I always make my own!
Simply blend any amount in a high speed blender for 10-15 seconds…and voila! And honestly, if the texture doesn’t bother you, you can use plain ole granulated erythritol too!
Additional healthy protein balls recipes:
- Keto Protein Bars are no bake and taste alike a candy bar.
- Peanut Butter Protein Balls use my kids favorite: peanut butter!
- Almond Butter Energy Balls
- No Bake Brownie Bites are sinfully delicious!
Keto Protein Balls Recipe:
If you try these addicting keto fat bombs, be sure to come back and leave your feedback below in a comment!
Low Carb Collagen Cookie Dough Bites
No bake protein filled fat bombs for a healthy a nutrient dense snack, or treat!
- 2 tablespoons butter extra soft or partially melted
- 2 tablespoons powdered erythritol I like Lankanto Monk Fruit Sweetener, I I powder it by whirring in my BlendTec for a few seconds!
- 1 tablespoon MCT Oil
- 1 tablespoon any milk just enough to make a dough
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon molasses
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
In the bowl of a mixer or food processor bowl, place all 'wet' ingredients. Blend well. (need to make sure the molasses is mixed throughout.)
Add in the almond flour, collagen, and chocolate chips. Mix (or pulse) until a cohesive dough forms.
This is where you get to adjust dry/wet. Add just enough milk to bind the dough if you need more....adding only a teaspoon at a time. If you accidentally add too much, add some almond or coconut flour to absorb the excess.
Either using cookie scoop like this, and a heaping tablespoon, divide the dough into 12 equal balls, rolling them in your hands to smooth out.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer!